Digital Advertising is one of the fastest growing businesses on the Internet today. Microsoft Advertising is one of the biggest players in digital advertising, with product offerings in core Paid Search, Product Ads, Rich Ads and Native Advertising. We are innovating and growing our business rapidly by providing the advertising industry with a world-class online advertising platform and services.
Microsoft Advertising provides intelligent solutions that empower you to deliver engaging, personalized experiences that value people. We're committed to success, providing our customers with insights, technology and proven expertise to turn data into better-performing marketing campaigns.
Sales has steadily shifted focus over the past years - the customer buying cycle is more dynamic and focused on constant consumption and performance. Customer obsession drives great sellers to focus on how their solutions deliver value and customer lifetime value across Microsoft's suite of offerings - a successful customer is a lasting customer.
You will work across the Canadian market, working with Net New customers, across multiple industries and cross borders opportunities to bring them to our Advertising platform.
- The AE will be responsible for bringing in new business to meet/exceed new business revenue targets
- Make outbound calls into new competitive accounts
- Leverage internal and external resources to drive net new business through high conversion rate of sales leads
- Create and maintain a robust Prospecting Plan including Territory Management and Prospecting objectives
- Adopt Microsoft's culture of sales excellence, including established sales processes, pipeline management, forecast accuracy, maintain tool and reporting accountabilities, and a focus on core role KPI's.
- For acquired customers, develop quality customer plans laying out revenue and customer satisfaction growth strategies and partnering with Account Specialist to manage for 6 months in order to reach full graduation potential
- Collaborate with internal teams to improve customer satisfaction, remove blockers, and create a seamless customer experience.
- Act as an ambassador and representative for Microsoft in the advertising and media community.
- Develop network of strong relationships with key search and media industry influencers, customers and partners. Develop and maintain a high- level understanding of the search industry and trends affecting or influencing the marketplace.
- Continually strengthen your Microsoft Advertising and Search Industry expertise including accountability for your career development
- Advocate diversity and respect by creating a collaborative, trust-based work environment where differences in communication style are considered, and the perspectives of others are respected and valued.
- The individual in this role will bring search knowledge, new business development and customer acquisition experience, customer obsession, a passion for innovation and best-practice sharing, all while delivering exceptional results over time.
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years of experience in digital advertising and/or 2 - 3 years prospecting and closing new business
- Proven track record of exceptional performance, measured against revenue and customer satisfaction
- Relentless focus on the customer experience while balancing the needs of the business
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for search and technology and its use in driving revenue, efficiency, customer and employee satisfaction
- Flexibility to accommodate change and thrive amid ambiguity
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills, ability to scale across all levels of an organization
- Ability to travel, as required