Cozen O'Connor has an excellent opportunity for a dynamic full-time Administrative Assistant in our Vancouver office.
The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic self-starter, who is able to perform extensive multi-tasking under numerous time constraints with exceptional attention to detail; someone who takes initiative; thinks strategically and independently; is anticipatory, and confident to interact with all levels of the firm. The position requires excellent communication, organizational and computer skills.
- Track, compile, organize and submit appropriate expenses into Chrome River.
- Maintain calendars to include scheduling appointments, breakfasts, lunches, and dinners with clients/guests, taking care of all the details in connection with each event.
- Arrange all travel and lodging to and from all locations.
- Scans, copies and prints materials.
- Monitor emails and respond to those that can be addressed.
- Work with assigned biller who drafts bills for review.
- Maintains-inputs and updates contacts and lists.
- Prepares, proofreads and processes engagement letters and other correspondence.
- Assists with cheque requests and invoice processing for the office.
- Reception relief coverage
- Any other duties as assigned by the attorneys or legal assistants.
- Office/Clerical Administrative experience is required; experience working in a law firm will be considered an asset.
- Able to work in the office five days a week, Monday through Friday
- Experience with data management using Chrome River and Microsoft Suite with advanced level experience in Word and Outlook.
- Ability to draft, proofread and edit correspondence, memoranda, e-mails with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously or in a team environment.
- Work well under pressure and strict deadlines.
- Ability to work overtime if necessary
Cozen O'Connor is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
- Cozen O'Connor is committed to employing a diverse complement of attorneys and staff, and to fostering greater inclusion in the legal profession. We understand the organizational effectiveness that comes from welcoming and valuing differences within the firm, and we know that assembling a team with a rich diversity of perspectives and experience is necessary to provide the highest quality legal service. We encourage candidates to apply and join us in this effort.