WHO WE ARE
Have we met? We are Comeau's Sea Foods. We have been proudly harvesting, processing and globally distributing fish and seafood products for over 75 years. We are a successful Maritime company that is connected to the ocean, our East Coast communities and a family-focussed lifestyle. We're also committed to providing safe, consistent and rewarding work for our team, crew and community. We are more than just ?the fish plant up the road'; we support our crew. When you work with us, you grow your skills and we become part of your extended family.
We are committed to being the best in harvesting and processing seafood, period. We know that requires finding & keeping talented people. We don't just fish or process; we also operate a full scale industrial-grade metal fabrication and machining, ship repair, and maintenance services.
Reporting to the Manager of Sales & Marketing, you will be instrumental in two key priorities for Comeau's Seafood: ensuring the retention of our current J. Willy Krauch clients and generating net new leads for future clients to join our amazing group of clients. This role is a great opportunity for a highly motivated, self-directed candidate who is looking to develop their sales skills and manage the full lifecycle of the sales portfolio from lead generation to product delivery.
- Interact with our current client base, providing them with up-to-date information on product availability and delivery information through various mediums.
- Handle inbound, unsolicited prospect calls and convert them into sales.
- Maintain and expand the company's database of prospects by conducting research to find new leads.
- Educate and inform prospects about all of J. Willy Krauch and other Comeau's products.
- Receive inbound prospect calls; answer questions and offer suggestions based on a thorough knowledge of the product line.
- Prepare sales order forms and/or reports as well as shipping arrangements
- Follow up sales quotes.
- Client Account maintenance in CRM database.
- Collaborate with Sales and Business Manager to determine necessary strategic sales approaches develop calendar of activities to continually work prospect list
- Provide prompt and courteous customer service.
- Appropriately communicate brand identity and offer new and innovative ideas to promote the brand.
- Other duties as requested.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS :
- Post secondary education in a relevant field of study preferred
- 1 -2 years sales and/or customer service experience.
- Some experience or familiarity with CRM tools considered an asset.
- Have a strong proficiency in Microsoft ® bundle (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and be comfortable working with spreadsheets, database information and learning new software as required to perform duties.
- Ability to communicate in both French and English would be an asset.
- Adaptable and employ a proactive approach to problem-solving
- Bilingual (preferred, but not required)
- Must gain tremendous personal satisfaction from developing and managing your own desk of priorities, to-do lists and accomplishing them
- Organized, self-starter with an enthusiasm to find solutions and collaborate with peers and colleagues to resolve issues
- Able to multi-task and prioritize in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment
- Creative, energetic and passionate about a hands-on, immersive learning environment to grow your sales expertise
An incredibly rewarding professional growth opportunity awaits the right candidate. Must be open to commuting or relocating to the Saulnierville location to develop and maintaining a hands-on approach with this tight knit team.
We embrace inclusion and diversity and welcome all applicants, those in historically underrepresented groups such as indigenous persons, racially visible persons, persons with a disability, women, and persons of a minority sexual orientation and/or gender identity. We also acknowledge new Canadians that are working to establish their roots in Nova Scotia. Please feel free to self-identify.
While all applications received will be reviewed, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We also must acknowledge that all roles must be conducted onsite and are not eligible for remote working arrangements. Don't worry, you'll want to commute or relocate to beautiful South Western Nova Scotia.
All interviews will take place with your safety in mind and meet the most appropriate interviewing practices, via phone, online or live with distance protocols.