Looking for a career opportunity with an established and reputable national organization that makes a real difference in women’s health, values its employees and offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a hybrid working from home program?
The Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada (SOGC) ongoing mission is to promote excellence in the practice of obstetrics and gynaecology and to advance the health of women through leadership, advocacy, collaboration, and education.
The SOGC has over 4,000 members, comprised of obstetricians, gynaecologists, family physicians, nurses, midwives, and allied health professionals working in the field of sexual reproductive health.
Since 1944, the SOGC continues to be a leading national and international authority on women’s reproductive health and on evidence-based training and education. The SOGC leads the development of 12-17 clinical practice guidelines per year and hosts 3 regional continuing medical education meetings and an Annual Clinical and Scientific Conference. These events attract a diverse group of delegates that include women’s health care providers, researchers, educators and policy makers, who have the opportunity to network, learn and share information and ideas. These events also facilitate the identification of critical gaps in the field through needs assessments that inform future curricula and program development.
The SOGC has recently launched its own online e-learning platform, which hosts accredited interactive courses, including virtual communities of practice, for members and non-members around the world.
POSITION OVERVIEW AND KEY REPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Director, Communications and Public Affairs,
- Designs and produces graphic art and visual materials for print and digital media.
- Ensures that layout and design are aligned with brand and production standards and follow best practices.
- Creates and executes design solutions and collateral used for marketing, advertising, sales, and other forms of communication.
- Coordinates with customers and stakeholders to conceptualize and deliver projects on time and budget.
- Experienced using a variety of design and editing tools and software such as Adobe.
- Knowledge of color, composition, typography, digital design and production management.
- Reviews final layouts and suggest improvements as needed
QUALIFICATIONS AND KEY SKILLS
- Design - Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Communications and Media - Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Speaking and Writing - Communicates effectively verbally and in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Critical Thinking - Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Thinking Creatively - Develops, designs, or creates new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.
- Interacting With Computers - Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Information Gathering - Observes, receives, and otherwise obtains information from all relevant sources.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving - Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Originality - The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about a given topic or situation, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- 2 to 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Diploma in graphic design, communications or marketing
- Excellent command of the English language and very good command of the French language, spoken and written
Demonstrated experience with:
- Data base user interface and query software -
- Desktop publishing software and Photo Editing software
- Picture database such as Shutterstock
The SOGC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified applicants to apply. SOGC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Should you be interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resumé by October 14th, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.