Habitat for Humanity Canada is a national charitable organization working toward a world where everyone has a decent and affordable place to call home. We bring communities together to help families build strength, stability and independence through affordable homeownership and other housing solutions across Canada and around the world.
We deeply value our culture and colleagues, and we have collaboratively created the following vision statement: ?We foster and build equity through affordable housing, by fully integrating diversity and inclusion into everything we do. Every individual involved with Habitat feels safe and encouraged to bring their whole selves to our mission and they know they are valued, heard and respected.?
The Digital Experience Coordinator works as part of the Communications & Partnership team to strengthen the Habitat for Humanity Canada brand through developing and implementing unique experiences across all digital channels and improving our online presence. You will be Habitat Canada's social media engagement
- donor experience specialist, connecting our mission to our audiences across Canada. This is an exciting opportunity for someone newer to the field to work alongside a dynamic, fun and experienced marketing and communications team, committed to helping more people in need of decent and affordable housing - in Canada and around the world.
The Digital Experience Coordinator oversees, manages, and monitors all of Habitat Canada's social media channels. This role coordinates digital communications and marketing projects, and national fundraising and awareness campaigns and events and develops newsletters. You are a creative person who knows how important deadlines are and can take a project from conception through to successful implementation. You are a self-starter who takes initiative and brings your best ideas to the table to support the wider team.
- Working with Director, Marketing & Digital Strategy to develop Habitat Canada's social media strategy
- Collaborate with Marketing Production Manager to increase social engagement through first class creative
- Developing social media for federation toolkits (national days/weeks/months, advocacy, campaigns)
- Developing evergreen, monthly content, posts to elevate stewardship and other Resource Development efforts
- Managing Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn accounts. Daily monitoring and community management
- Maintaining an up-to-date content calendar, Scheduling posts in Hootsuite.
- Tracking relevant performance and analytics concerning social media activities on a regular basis. Deliver monthly, quarterly, and annual social media performance reports with KPIs
- Working with Director, Marketing & Digital Strategy to elevate all digital marketing activities.
- Implement digital fundraising experiences at HFHC to support annual giving campaigns.
- Support donor journey development to create smarter digital experiences.
Supporting Communications & Partnerships team
- Managing online registration and administrative tasks for the National Conference and ED/CEO Summit
- Maintaining and updating the social media budget and other departmental expenses
- Coordinating the submission of content and approval of internal newsletters.
- Editing submissions and laying out content in Mailchimp, managing contact lists.
- Supporting the development and maintenance of Internal communication pages on Habitat Hub.
- Post-secondary education in Digital, Marketing, Communications with a digital focus, a related area of study or relevant experience.
- Completion of Google Analytics Academy courses for Google Analytics (Desired)
- 2+ years in online marketing experience, content management or graphic design
- Exposure to project coordination and content management
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications to build reports and presentations
- Experience with design programs, such as Canva, Photoshop, Illustrator, or website (Desired)
Skills & Attributes
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, with a focus on remarketing Analytics
- Excellent social media management skills, ability to manage multiple platforms and narratives.
- Knowledge of website content management
- Knowledge of email marketing and Mailchimp
- Basic knowledge of website architecture and frameworks, HTML or CSS desirable
- Strong communication skills and time management attributes
- Ability to write copy for social media and email communications.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast paced and ever-changing environment
- Ability to work well under pressure with multiple projects and timelines
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Service oriented with a strong customer focus
- Data driven mindset when making decisions
- Knowledge of AB testing and conversion rate optimization (Desired)
- Knowledge of design and user experience theory and practices (Desired)
Salary Range - $42,400- $53,000
How to Apply
Please note that we will be reviewing and evaluating applications on an ongoing basis and we therefore encourage early submissions.
Qualified and interested applicants are invited to forward their cover letter and resume as one document via Isarta with the subject line: Digital Experience Coordinator. Please indicate your salary expectations as well as where you saw the job posting.
Don't meet every single requirement? Women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Habitat, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. So, if you're excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Applications must be received before 5PM EST on 30 Sept, 2022
Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance. Habitat for Humanity Canada will arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the selection process which will enable those with disabilities to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
We thank all applicants for applying however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted (no phone calls please).
About Habitat for Humanity Canada
Founded in 1985, Habitat for Humanity Canada is a national, charitable organization working toward a world where everyone has a decent and affordable place to call home. Habitat for Humanity brings communities together to help families build strength, stability and independence through affordable homeownership. With the help of volunteers, Habitat homeowners and 50 local Habitats working in every province and territory, we provide a solid foundation for better, healthier lives in Canada and around the world. Habitat for Humanity Canada is a member of Habitat for Humanity International, which was established in 1976 and has grown to become a leading global nonprofit working in more than 70 countries.
For more information, please visit www.habitat.ca.