The Social Media Coordinator (SMC) develops paid and non-paid social media and content strategies, helps to grow a client's business through a variety of online and social channels, and ensures the team execution meets or exceeds client expectations.
The SMC is also responsible for the day-to-day scheduling, management and development of content on social media platforms. This includes positioning a brand by posting, engaging, interacting with and monitoring social media platforms.
The SMC is embedded in social media communities and has a strong handle on various tools and interfaces. The SMC must have strong people, writing and communication skills and must have an enthusiasm for the brands they are promoting, as they are responsible for driving consumer engagement on social networks. The SMC must be able to engage with customers and influencers with personality, patience and respect.
In this role, the SMC ensures that the agency provides:
- Sound and responsible social media / content strategy and planning
- Proper and innovative execution of work in all areas on schedule
- A consistently superior creative product
The Social Media Coordinator:
- Has a degree or diploma in Creative Communications, Marketing, Advertising, or Business or a related program.
- Has an interest in, and aptitude for developing social media and content strategy solutions.
- Understands social advertising campaign management and optimization practices across LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube and can learn other current or emerging platforms.
- Is on top of the latest trends or changes on social platforms, including advertising formats, channels and technologies in order to improve campaign performance and provide recommendations on how clients can best leverage new tools and services.
- Can analyze data across several social media platforms for insights, optimizations and future strategy development.
- Demonstrates strategic insight to develop long-term execution plans from client's stated business objectives, implement those plans and identify campaign expansion opportunities.
- Displays organizational capabilities to track progress, execution and consistency of social advertising campaigns.
- Exhibits solid communication skills in order to effectively present strategic and tactical plans to clients and internal teams.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and an ability to facilitate and manage forecasting, budgeting and pacing, campaign creation and optimization.
- Is able to self-manage while managing projects under tight deadlines.
MAJOR CONTACTS (INTERNAL & EXTERNAL)
As assigned, the SMC has overall responsibility for leading the social media strategy effort under the direction of the Communications Strategist. Within the agency, the SMC coordinates the client's social media and content programs and works closely with all agency personnel in determining project scope, estimating, planning, executing and monitoring assigned projects and deliverables. The SMC has some direct client contact with assigned agency clients and participates in the agency's new business efforts.
RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES & TASKS
The Social Media Coordinator has six areas of responsibility:
1. Planning, Analyzing, Evaluating
- Work with the Communications Strategist to develop workable social media budgets, content and editorial plans, and realistic timetables.
- Create weekly/monthly reports, compiling data across multiple social media platforms, to deliver insights, optimizations and recommendations for our clients.
- Review, analyze and evaluate the following, relative to the client's needs and objectives: all assigned creative projects, internal agency projects and assigned new business projects.
- Provide clients with platform / business updates on a regular basis to demonstrate upcoming opportunities and threats to their business.
- Work within the project scope, estimate and writing scope of work and technical specifications.
- Educate account team and clients and manage their social media needs and expectations.
- Determine project risk on an ongoing basis and escalate issues as needed.
- Employ a variety of research techniques to understand and analyze online data and provide insight about relevant online conversations and voices in those conversations.
- Monitor and analyze online media and other relevant digital communications channels.
2. Coordinating, Managing
- Provide social media leadership within the agency and monitor social media work scope against all variables.
- Maintain communications with appropriate agency and client personnel to ensure positive workflow. Escalate exceptions and issues to the Communications Specialist as required.
- Present content and social media strategy deliverables to CS/AD/clients.
- Monitor and enforce project constraints (schedule / scope / resources).
- Champion internal systems for higher social media productivity.
3. Strategy and Content Development
- Work with the CS to develop plans for online content; recommending content types and organization based on user needs and marketing goals, identifying content gaps.
- Develop and execute on-going content for clients
- Select and evaluate potential content.
- Define research requirements for web strategy.
- Understand content management and editorial processes.
- Initiate and lead appropriate project meetings.
- Conduct online media, influencer & partnership outreach.
4. Financial & Administrative
- Work with internal and external managers to identify social media goals and metrics and apply those metrics into the content development process.
- Build, track and monitor assigned strategic projects.
- Work closely with clients and account teams on the development of social media programs and strategies.
- Prepare reports summarizing the results of social media campaigns.
- Always represent strong business and personal ethics.
5. Marketing & Sales
- Contribute to the development of Honest Agency's brand, culture and quality standards.
- Inspire interest and create social media posts about Honest, both ongoing and completed work.
- Write blog posts and create social media posts to increase Honest brand value proposition.
6. Corporate Culture
- Contribute to and attend internal meetings, outings and brainstorms.
- Foster a collaborative, fun, casual work environment.
- Resolve conflicts efficiently and discreetly.
- Represent Honest professionally both online and offline, embodying the agency's core values and differentiating perspectives.
Interested candidates are invited to email their CV (and portfolio if applicable) via Isarta
Deadline to apply: Sept 15, 2022