Day In The Life
The Sales Director for Hudson's Bay Queen Street is a business leader who is profit minded, and able to execute the HBC strategy through effective management of people and process. Reporting directly to the General Manager, the Sales Director will have under their direct supervision the Assistant General Managers. The Sales Director will be accountable for supporting the ongoing development and growth of the AGMs. Dynamic leadership abilities, combined with exceptional communication, analytical, and in-store marketing skills are essential to success in this role.
The Sales Director will also lead and support the Bridal Business.
What You Will Do
- Develop short- and long-term action plans that address opportunities and positively impact the business
- Build and execute development plans to drive optimal performance for all direct reports
- Execute all responsibilities in order to optimize the customer's experience in the store
- Review, understand and take action regarding sales and productivity results on a weekly and monthly basis
- Build a succession plan by identifying internal promotable and developable executives and associates and make it a priority to make them successful
What You Will Need
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- Minimum of 7+ years of retail management experience and profit & loss responsibility
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Proven troubleshooting skills and ability to diffuse challenging situations.
- Exhibits high energy, enthusiasm as well as an understanding of the ultimate client experience.
- Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted
What You Can Expect
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Associate discount up to 40% including top brands
- Flexible work environment that allows for work-life balance
About Hudson's Bay
Hudson's Bay is a digital-first purpose-driven retailer helping Canadians live their best style of life. As one of the country's most iconic brands, Hudson's Bay operates over 80 full-line locations and thebay.com featuring Marketplace - the 5th largest e-commerce business in Canada. Hudson's Bay has established a reputation for quality and style through an unrivalled assortment including fashion, designer, home, beauty, food concepts and more.
Hudson's Bay operates under the HBC brand portfolio and founded in 1670, HBC is North America's oldest company. The signature stripes are a registered trademark of HBC. The Hudson's Bay Rewards members share their passion for living a colourful life, and get rewarded for doing the things that bring them joy.
We are proud to share our tenured commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. Learn more about our commitment at HBC Foundation & HBC Heritage.
Our Commitment To Building a Winning Culture
As One Team we have re-established our internal behaviours and culture to ensure we all succeed. One Team provides the tools needed to shift our ways of working and creates change to become a purpose-driven, digital first business. Our 4 pillars for embracing One Team are: Always be Customer Champions, Performance and Purpose Driven, Keep it Simple & Change Agents.
Interested in Social Media?
Follow us on LinkedIn & Instagram.
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.