JOB TITLE: GRAPHIC DESIGN AND MARKETING COORDINATOR
Department : SWSE Marketing and Tickets (Wolves, Spartans, Five & Live Events)
Reports to: SWSE Marketing Manager
If you're ready to entertain the City of Sudbury and bring smiles to everyone's face through game-changing ideas, we want you on the SWSE team. Join an organization that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness.
- To work with the Marketing department to prepare assets and collateral required for various marketing initiatives as well as collateral for all SWSE departments as required, including, but not limited to Event Services (Merchandise and concessions), Sales, and Team Operations (Wolves, Spartans and Five).
- To use the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and Constant Contact email databases for email marketing purposes as well as to develop ways to grow the distribution list.
- To lead in the creation of graphics for marketing purposes and liaise with branding agency for development of the initial designs.
- To assist and support the Marketing Manager in developing marketing strategies and campaigns for SWSE properties.
- To assist in SWSE Game Day operations where required, including, but not limited to helping plan and execute various game day marketing initiatives.
- To work with management to promote the SWSE brand and to have a presence at highly visible community events during the season and off-season summer months. This includes setting up SWSE information booths and arranging mascot appearances.
- To develop and execute promotion plan for Hockey and Basketball Academies with guidance from the sports operational staff and Marketing Manager and to work in collaboration with teams to make sure all aspects of the camp are well organized and executed properly.
- To work with the marketing team to develop graphics assets required for social media, website, in-game elements as required.
- To work with the Marketing Manager to strengthen community partnerships within the City of Greater Sudbury.
- To work with the marketing team to develop social media content and ideas when required.
- To assist with all Sudbury Wolves, Sudbury Five and Sudbury Spartans Functions as required.
- To coordinate and implement PR activities with the marketing department (i.e. player appearances, luncheons, functions, community brand awareness events, etc.)
- To enhance the SWSE world-class brand by living up to our company's values integrity, discipline, and respect with a passion to serve and make people smile.
- To complete all other duties identified by management.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent from a post-secondary institution
- Must have strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator)
- Must have an outgoing, pleasant, and confident demeanor
- Self motivated with ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Strong presentation and negotiating skills combined with ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent analytical and computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of the sport industry and website development experience an asset.
Compensation will be based on the experience and qualifications of the candidate. This job will involve flex hours and necessitates working all Wolves game day (34+), as well as Sudbury Five games, Sudbury Spartans games as well as select community events.
All interested applicants are encouraged to submit their resume, a short-written response summarizing their interest in the role and ambitions and their graphics portfolio.
Applications will be accepted until September 23, 2022.