Senior Project Manager, Project Management Office (PMO)
Flexible Work Arrangements (FWA)
CWB is on a mission to become the best full-service bank for business owners of Canada.
Bring you. All of you. Single parent. Ally. Rock climber. Indigenous community partner. Film buff. Neuro-diverse perspective. Nature photographer. Climate change activist. Labels don't matter here, but your perspective does.
All applicants are welcome, and we expressly encourage applicants to apply who identify as women, persons with visible and invisible disabilities (including physical, mental, sensory, learning impairment, etc.), Indigenous Peoples (including First Nations, Metis and Inuit), LGBTQ2S+ and/or racialized persons. At CWB we believe that inclusion has power, and we're always looking for unique perspectives to add to our teams. We have a culture that thrives on idea-sharing, collaboration, respect, caring and camaraderie. If you have a voice to add to the conversation, we'd love you to apply. All applicants are considered as part of an equitable and fair selection process.
can artfully pivot? If your immediate response is ?yes!?, then you might be a perfect fit for a Senior Project Manager role with CWB! We are looking for a Senior Project Manager, experienced in project management services to make an impact by providing hands-on project management support including implementing project governance practices aligned with the PMO Governance Framework and project stakeholder expectations, successfully completing projects, initiatives, and activities to improve and support business process effectiveness and efficiency.
- Validate client and user impacts throughout the project lifecycle, including delivery of defined benefits.
- Perform full management of project budgets, vendor invoice management, budget tracking, and final project delivery within the agreed budget.
- Prepare, maintain, and report on project budgets to the Project Owner, including acting as lead for tracking and accounting for project-related expenditures (capital and NIE).
- Review and action on opportunities to improve project cost savings, reduce rework, and effectively use resources assigned to projects
- Provide hands-on project management support including implementing project governance practices aligned with the PMO Governance Framework (practices, processes, and artifacts) and in alignment with project stakeholder expectations including the Executive Sponsor and Project Owner.
- Successfully complete projects, initiatives and activities as assigned and defined to improve and support business process effectiveness and efficiency benefits
- Effectively deliver leadership on projects as assigned, including demonstrated encouragement of team cohesion and growth, maintenance of vendor-client relationships, and sustainment of team motivation and commitment to projects.
- Prepare, maintain, and report on project budget to Project Owner, including acting as lead for tracking and accounting for project-related expenditures (Capital and NIE).
- Complete management of project scope, quality, vendor management, reportable benefits tracking, and overall final delivery within the agreed timelines.
- Effectively engage and lead the day-to-day management of assigned project team member through planned work activities (team size variable depending on project) in view of deliverables.
- Ensure continued project alignment with the PMO and the CWB Financial Group's strategic direction and business plans.
- Full oversight of portfolio financials, including approved budgets, budget adjustments, actuals and financial forecasts, including continuous review and action on project cost savings, reduce rework, and effective use of resources.
A key role in the execution of projects in a growing organization looking to disrupt the financial industry in Canada. Career exposure and opportunity for elevation is guaranteed. This role requires an insightful project manager with a strong sense of ownership, expert knowledge, and an abundance of grit and resilience. Possessing the capability to oversee multiple diverse projects with competing priorities requires confidence, strong analytical, and negotiation skills. Collaborative in nature, this candidate can leverage resources successfully to produce effective results while navigating varied stakeholder groups at all levels of the organization. Superior communication skills with the ability to convey strategic and operational concepts/updates with ease. Accustomed to fast-paced environments with shifting priorities and this incumbent excels under pressure to meet all required deadlines. This role requires sound judgement and proven decision-making abilities. This key role demands commitment and persistence to achieving and sustaining a heightened state of optimization. This role is not for the faint of heart and requires someone with a winning aspiration.
Core Knowledge Requirements
- An undergraduate degree in information technology (ideally software focused), project management, or a related discipline.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification required.
- Program Management Professional (PMP), ITIL Foundations, Organization Change Management (OCM) - ADKAR, Lean Six Sigma, Management of Portfolios (MoP) and/or PRINCE 2 certifications ideal, but not required.
- Minimum of 9 years in a progressively senior/enterprise level, responsible with diversified project management experience, preferably in the financial industry, in the areas of information technology (software/hardware implementation), business transformation, and new business line product and service rollout.
- Proven effectiveness in managing medium to large multi-departmental and enterprise level projects, demonstrating the ability to effectively manage high risk, conflict resolution, and collaboration/fostering of project success.
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years of direct experience in managing the end-to-end implementation of a third party vendor Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) product or and/or in-house software/product development project through a robust Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Expertise with all aspects of project management processes, including project procurement and vendor management processes.
- Advance skillset in use of project management software, tools, and techniques (preferably with experience on ServiceNow Project Portfolio Management (PPM) or similar type software product).
Put your career in the spotlight. Apply with CWB today.
Why work with us?
Accolades & Benefits
Winners of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Culture 2020
& recognized as one of 50 Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Places to Work
Your voice matters. Help us shape our voice around important social & cultural matters.
The opportunity to make a difference. Build a team. Make an impact. Put your mark on the CWB landscape.
Physical health and mental fitness are priorities. Generous time away to practice self-care and family-care with 100% company paid benefit & support programs.
Community giving. Drive economic prosperity in your community. Get involved. Volunteer. Fundraise. All with CWB support.
Bring your whole self to work. Inclusion is a journey requiring practice & experience that results in a powerful outcome.
Innovation. Learn. Grow. Enhance. At CWB, we play to win. When we fail, we fail forward.
Connection. Join, participate, lead an employee represented group (ERG). Find a community within the CWB family.
Organization wide coaching services. Strategic career design is something we work hard to deliver for all employees.
Recognition. Peer to peer recognition program. Both ?in the moment? and monumental!
Financial rewards. Yup! We pay you too. Base plus performance incentives.
Retirement investment strategy. You can't work forever, so we built an RRSP contribution & matching program with financial advisors at the ready to help you make the most of your wealth.
Company ownership. The knowledge and opportunity to impact the bottom line and be rewarded for it - every day, with our employee share purchase plan.
Change your career trajectory with CWB. Apply today.
As an equitable employer, CWB Financial Group is committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment where a diverse workforce thrives. You are welcomed and encouraged to bring your whole self to work. Dignity, respect and equality are non-negotiables. If you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment or selection process, please reach out.
- Position closes at 12:01am on the close date identified below.