Campus Support is a centralized service centre that supports its clients in making students the number one priority. We are committed to delivering essential operational, marketing and leadership support that enables each campus team to provide an exceptional educational experience. We are happy to say that we are looking for a Director of Marketing and Communications to join our team! Applicants must be knowledgeable in all forms of communications and marketing strategy including PR, social media, web marketing, and more.
The Director, Marketing and Communications' primary purpose is to support the planning, development, execution and strategy for all communications and public relations messages for the marketing department. They are responsible for overseeing all content and communication initiatives while supporting current marketing strategies and revenue growth. The Director will coordinate the articulation of the Company's mission and values.
Additionally, the Director, Marketing and Communications will oversee staff to ensure all content and communications are written with the brand in mind and guaranteeing the best user experience for each medium. The Director, Marketing and Communications will also help with communication and pitches to media and stakeholders for the Company.
Specifically, this position is responsible for the following:
- Connect with influential media outlets and journalists to place stories about company news and other initiatives.
- Create content regularly to grow the company's footprint (press releases, corporate announcements, and creative content).
- Collaborate with prominent members of the company, including executives, to craft and pitch press releases
- Manage consistent corporate and social media communications in times of crisis;
- Cross-functionally manage a coordinated editorial calendar of themes, content and messages, including social posts and web content based on a defined content strategy;
- Work with content and social media teams to proactively manage online conversations and identify any that would require immediate escalation;
- Help strategize/plan and implement/execute campaigns for particular brands.
- Editing, reviewing, and, at times, creating content for marketing collateral to include brochures, direct mail pieces, print advertisements, customer success stories, news stories, newsletters, email campaigns, press releases and media pitches, multimedia presentations, sales material, proposals, and presentations;
- Managing the development of web site content;
- Implementing the content processes, create the content that drives a consistent and relevant message across all communication channels;
- Developing, promoting and maintaining brand image, marketing strategies, and online sales;
- Proofing, editing and correcting content errors.
To be successful in the Director, Marketing and Communications position, an individual must be committed to developing, maintaining and demonstrating the following:
Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, English, and/or in a related field
- Minimum 7 years' experience with communication and content production
- Management experience;
- Self-starter, capable of working both independently and in an extremely fast-paced team environment;
- Impeccable grammar, spelling and punctuation skills;
- Demonstrated experience in project management methodologies and processes
- Demonstrated experience in production of corporate communications strategies and plans
- Comfortable with multi-tasking, managing multiple priorities and meeting several, often movable, deadlines under pressure;
- Someone with a strong work ethic, who is accomplished in communications fundamentals and is looking for a role where they will make a meaningful and noticeable contribution;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook;
- Someone who can think big picture yet has a strong attention to detail;
- Flexibility with scheduled hours, working additional hours as required