August 19th, 2022
September 26th, 2022
Support Staff, Payband F
$ 28.28/hr to $32.78/hr (35 hrs/week)
Health Sciences & Emergency Services
At Northern College, we're driven by our commitment to the ongoing success and development of our students, our communities and our staff. A career with Northern College can provide you with meaningful opportunities for your professional growth, and we're confident that our friendly, collaborative workplace culture will contribute to your personal growth as well.
In addition, to a rewarding career, some of the other benefits offered to eligible full-time employees of Northern College include competitive salaries, a defined-benefit pension plan, a comprehensive benefits package, access to our athletics facilities and a wellness program.
Reporting to the Dean, Health Sciences and Emergency Services the incumbent is responsible for providing administrative and professional support services for the Health Sciences and Emergency Services programs in order to ensure effective department operation. The successful incumbent will:
- Facilitate communication amongst internal/external stakeholders, and provide confidential services in support of the development and delivery of programs on-site, college wide and/or via distance;
- Assure appropriate program structure congruence, course alignment and proper program documentation to assure delivery of quality programs;
- Manage projects as required, draft/forward correspondence and recommend changes in department work flow and procedure that increase efficiency, while acting on the direction of the Dean;
- Under minimal supervision, compile research, Ministry reports, and prepare/process documents in completing department wide responsibilities like program timetable documents, program synopsis verification, Standard Workload Forms (SWFs); and
- Collaborate with Program Advisory Committee members in planning and administering meetings, as well as with staff and faculty on all campuses in coordinating information exchange, issuing of resources and ensuring the successful delivery of Health Sciences and Emergency Services goals.
A detailed job description for this position is available from the Human Resource Services department.
- Minimum 2-year Diploma in Office Administration or equivalent knowledge/experience;
- Minimum 3 years work experience working with office systems and software;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Experience in database management;
- Advanced computer literacy skills, organizational skills, flexibility, tact, discretion and the ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment; and
- Experience/knowledge of the programs/courses in the School of Health Sciences/Emergency Services (asset).
The incumbent may be required to provide a criminal reference check.
HOW TO APPLY: Please visit the Northern College website at: www.northernc.on.ca and click on the Careers at Northern link to apply through our online job application system.
Northern College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Northern College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Northern College, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Preference will be given to qualified full-time employees within the bargaining unit at Northern College. Should a suitable candidate not be found, external candidates will be considered