Our company culture is a lot of fun. Our employees are awesome, and we work hard to protect them and everyone in our building. If you are interested in joining a team that is committed to providing a productive, safe, and friendly environment where harmony and respect are encouraged, then we look forward to chatting with you!
Phantom Screens is looking to hire an HR and Safety Coordinator who will assist in driving continuous improvement in Safety, Security & Health / Wellness programs across the organization. As part of the Employee Experience team, you will balance human resources best practises with safety. This position is responsible for reviewing, recommending, and consulting on safety, security and health / wellness programs; and when approved, developing, implementing, coordinating and maintaining those programs. Critical to this role is to ensure compliance with acts and regulations that are pertinent to employee health and safety within a manufacturing environment.
Who You Are:
- Knowledgeable about the BC Occupation Health and Safety Regulations (Duty to Accommodate, Employment Equity Act, Human Rights legislation, Workers Compensation Act)
- Knowledgeable about current best practices and SOPs regarding Health and Safety.
- Demonstrates initiative to improve practices and processes.
- Ability to drive results by leading supervisors, team leads, and employees to buy into safety initiatives and approaches.
Key Responsibilities :
- Maintain knowledge of the applicable safety regulations:
- Hazardous Products Act and Controlled Products Regulations
- BC Workers Compensation Act (WCA)
- Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Regulation
- Responsible for the OH&S program including:
- Ensure we are effectively meeting all COR requirements and ensuring the safety of all employees.
- Conduct Safety Orientations
- Develop, maintain, implement all Health and Safety policies, procedures, practices.
- Maintain the function of the JHSC Committee - ensuring effective meetings are held, minutes are taken, training is completed and ensuring guidelines are being followed.
- Facilitate and conduct workplace risk assessments in partnership with the JHSC
- Training, including coordination of safety drill(s)
- Recommend appropriate PPE as needed
- Train employees, monitor and correct use of PPE, engineering and administrative safety controls in both production and non-production areas
- Manage hearing tests (scheduling, results, record-keeping)
- Oversee First Aid Attendants - training, reporting, and providing support with significant incidents
- Claims management (decisions, review, appeal) for work-related and non-work-related injuries
- Manage and monitor safety budget
- Compile data and reports for management meetings and provide regular updates and reports on KPIs.
- Evaluate work procedures and the physical environment to ensure the safety and health of Phantom employees (i.e. ergonomics, workflow set-ups., etc.)
- Conduct incident investigations; facilitate corrective actions with stakeholders
You should have:
- 2-5 years' experience working in Safety / HR in a Production / Warehousing / Manufacturing environment
- 2 years' post-secondary education with a focus in Health and Safety (completed or in progress)
- Occupational Health and Safety Certificate, or higher (completed or in progress)
About Phantom Screens
Phantom Screens has been setting the bar for retractable screens for doors, windows, and outdoor spaces since we started the business in a single-car garage back in 1992. Over the years Phantom has excelled, expanded, and stayed laser-focused on our passion: making and installing the highest-quality retractable screens on the market. We're driven by our vision and values - it's what sets us apart as a corporation - and what makes Phantom Screens a special place to work. It's our secret sauce.
- Come join us and help us achieve our goal of making life better.
At Phantom, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, national origin, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital status or any other protected characteristic under applicable law, whether actual or perceived. As part of the Company's commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations, up to the point of undue hardship, to candidates at any stage, including to individuals with disabilities.
We believe in making life better not just for our customers but also for our people who work hard for these customers, thus we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Dental, health, AD&D, disability, life insurance and more
- Our employees are our ?family? who are bound together by our core values, Speaking the Truth, Being Respectful, Pursuing Excellence and Practicing Stewardship
- Opportunity to work from home as we value work life balance for our employees
- Regular team building and social events - enjoy everything from pizza, food trucks and barbecue lunches to our annual holiday party.
- Employee and family assistance program
- Free Onsite parking
- Casual dress code
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vacation and leaves in line with provincial legislation
Have a look at the detailed job description and drop us a line at ****@ with your resume. We look forward to connecting with you!
See job descrition >
Job Type: Full-time