Design, implement, test and deploy new features and improvements crucial for operation of telematics used by hundreds of customers worldwide.
Work closely with Web developers, embedded system designers, mechanical engineering, Engineering service, manufacturing and IT services teams.
Developer must be able to deliver high-quality, reliable and scalable creative software solutions. Candidate shall have a practical understanding of desktop applications, back-end services, and databases while adhering to proven software architecture techniques.
It is desirable for the candidate to have a basic understanding of manufacturing processes, Web services, and large data analytics.
Day shift: 5 x 8 hour shifts; Monday to Friday
Interested in joining the dynamic Tigercat Team? Learn more about our role below!
Tigercat Industries is a proud, privately owned Canadian company since 1992. We specialize in the design and manufacture of premium quality forestry and off-road industrial equipment. Our valued employees are the roots of our success! We have multiple locations in Southwestern Ontario, and approximately 2000+ employees.
Having training and experience are key, but at Tigercat Industries, we believe that it's what you DO with what you have that counts. Our people are empowered to put their training, experience, and expertise into action.
View our product line-up here and check out our machines in action on Tigercat TV!
Responsibilities may include:
- Design, code, test, maintain and document customer facing web portal using ASP.NET C# for desktop and mobile devices
- Compose reports using Microsoft Reporting Technology
- Spearhead graphical design and back-end development of new front-end web portals
- Work closely with engineers, business personal, and IT professionals to gather requirements, architect and design full featured web services
- Develop desktop utilities and services in .NET C# for analysis of data
- Maintain internal company web sites
- Interact and build relationships with customers in order to meet their forestry business needs
- Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Hands-on, creative, self-motivated, passionate developer willing to take on diverse and challenging technical tasks and research to get a project completed
- Professional experience in web application development using ASP.NET framework
- Skilled at database design and server maintenance. Familiar with MySQL, SQLite or similar
- Experience with formal testing methods and tools for web applications and services
- Academic mathematical background sufficient for performing analysis of data collected
- Resourceful at solving problems and willing to learn new technologies and skills when needed
- Ability to work independently & efficiently to drive large projects to completion
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Progressive health and safety program
- Interesting and challenging work and projects
- Opportunity to see and be involved with our products from start to finish
- Competitive Wages and Profit Sharing
- RRSP Matching Program
- Skills development and training reimbursement
- Family oriented (BBQ's, picnics as well as social and sporting events)
- Company paid healthcare benefits and Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP) Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
We thank you for your application!
Tigercat Industries strives to create a respectful, accessible, and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes, please contact Human Resources for