Job description :
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Resource Development & Communications, the Marketing & Communications Coordinator will assist in promoting the programs and services offered by the Society. The successful applicant will maintain the Society's website, as it relates to registration and informational resources, and social media channels.
It is expected that the individual in this role takes strong ownership of tasks while maintaining immaculate attention to detail. The ability to independently exercise sound judgment, while protecting the Society's brand standards and interests, is essential.
This is a full-time, five (5) day per week (35 hours) position. The successful candidate will be required to work Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm.
Until further notice, Parkinson Society BC staff are working remotely and going into the office on an as-needed basis. It is expected that the individual in this position has the ability to work from home in a suitable home office space.
This position is ideal for new graduates seeking experience in a non-profit work environment.
- Supporting promotional activities, including social media, for the Society's programs, services, and annual campaigns, as well as circulating applicable news information to relevant audiences
- Developing content for GroupLink (monthly) and Weekly Digest (weekly)
- Inputting appropriate data into our project management platform (Airtable) for outgoing e-communications, and ensuring adherence to the schedule
- Maintaining and monitoring Airtable for upcoming events
- Setting up registration for events utilizing Zoom and various Blackbaud products (Online Express and Raiser's Edge)
- Uploading webinar presentations to YouTube and linking appropriately on the Society's website
- Revising and reviewing website content as required, including recruiting volunteers for research, third-party education events, and removing events when they pass
- Preparing questions and arranging interviews with constituents for appeals, e-communications, and fundraising campaigns
- Tracking of website and social media statistics for reporting purposes
Qualifications and Competencies :
This position requires excellence in project and time management, with superb written communication skills. The successful candidate will work to support the Society's education events and support services, and will be required to interact with members of the Parkinson's community. A strong understanding or connection to Parkinson's disease is not required, though the successful candidate must be willing to learn, and be prepared to serve as a supportive advocate for people with Parkinson's and their carepartners and families.
The successful candidate must be self-motivated, and demonstrate resourcefulness and innovation in problem-solving. They must possess strong interpersonal skills, while consistently demonstrating the highest standards of professionalism, confidentiality, integrity, and sensitivity.
Additional requirements :
- A post-secondary degree in communications or journalism or an equivalent combination of education and experience, is required Bachelor's Degree in Communications or Marketing
- Exemplary organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of content management systems (CMS) and basic HTML knowledge
- Experience working with Canva or design programs such as Adobe Illustrator and InDesign
- Strong written communications demonstrating clarity, compassion, and enthusiasm
- Ongoing dedication to the improvement of knowledge as it relates to chronic illness and Parkinson's disease
- Experience utilizing social media tools (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and HootSuite) at an organizational level to promote events, initiatives, and campaigns; successful applicant would ideally be certified in Google Analytics, as well as have experience in utilizing advertising tools available through the various social media platforms
- Valid BC Class 5 license is preferred
Salary: $40,000 per annum
What we offer:
Be a part of a small, agile team that's committed to making a difference in the lives of those affected by Parkinson's disease. Feel good about the work you do and the impact you're having on the community. In addition, the Society offers:
- Regularly scheduled socials including scavenger hunts, picnics, and more to get to know your colleagues!
- A primarily remote work environment
- Generous paid time off (vacation) and sick days
- Your birthday off to celebrate!
- Bonus office closure days at the end of year to spend more time with your loved ones!
- Extended medical benefits, including dental
- Recognition for years of service with eligibility for a RRSP matching program
Qualified applicants will be interviewed as applications are received. The deadline for applications is Friday, August 19, 2022 at 12:00pm. Resumes must have an accompanying cover letter and a minimum of one writing sample. Applications without the required documentation will not be considered.
Applications can be submitted to:
Senior Manager, Resource Development & Communications
Parkinson Society British Columbia
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
Staff is currently working primarily remotely.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC V6C 1J9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- English (required)
- BC Class 5 license (preferred)
Application deadline: 2022-08-19
Expected start date: 2022-08-22