If you thrive on success and team work in a team culture, Agnico Eagle offers career opportunities on a global scale. We provide rewarding and challenging work that will help you grow your skills and your career. Agnico Eagle is committed to creating meaningful opportunities for our employees and we encourage everyone who works for us to contribute to their full potential. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We provide a safe work environment and seek to ensure all individuals are treated with respect and dignity, free from harassment, discrimination, bullying and retaliation. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. Disability-related accommodations during the application and selection process are available upon request. Interested? We hope you are.
Location: Timmins, ON
Closing Date: June 23, 2022
Rotation: Monday to Friday
WHAT DO YOU VALUE IN A CAREER?
At Agnico Eagle, our values never waver. We believe in trust, respect, equality, family and responsibility. Why? Because they express who we are and they have helped us succeed in business for over 60 years.
WHAT DOES AGNICO EAGLE VALUE?
We value you - your unique set of skills and experience. We value your willingness to build those skills and make a meaningful contribution to our company. And, we value your commitment to treat every person on our team with respect, helping us to operate safely, protect the environment and make a positive contribution to our local communities.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Based at the Timmins Regional Office, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Manager, Community Relations to manage the Community Relations team and function for the Ontario Division, reporting to the Vice President, Ontario.
The Manager, Community Relations is a key member of our Regional Leadership Team and is a hands-on role that will develop and ensure that community relations processes, programs, policies and management practices are in alignment with and support overall Company objectives and values.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Develop an implementation strategy for both Impact and Benefit Agreements (IBAs) and Exploration Agreements (EAs) with Corporate and Regional Management.
- Develop a communication strategy to inform stakeholders of the progress of requirements found in IBAs and EAs.
- Support and provide advice to the Agnico Eagle teams on IBA and EA implementation.
- Coach and mentor the Community Relations and management teams on community relations, IBA and EA requirements.
- Direct the preparation of IBA and EA reports and others as required and submit within the mandatory timeframes specified in the IBAs and EAs.
- Participate in Socio-Economic Impacts and Monitoring research initiatives and in any audits to ensure compliance to existing agreements.
- Provide advice and recommendations on any external communications requirements related to the IBAs and EAs.
- Provide support to the Environmental, Communications and Governmental Relations teams.
- Ensure consistency between the various community relations plans of the sites, consistency with Agnico Eagle practices and compliance with Company policies.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Degree or Diploma in Communications, Business Administration, Environment, or a related discipline/equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years' senior level experience in stakeholder relations and negotiations, with experience in the mining industry preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to handle situations with calm and diplomacy.
- Excellent written, listening and communication skills, with French language skills considered an asset.
- Experience in a cross-cultural working environment.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
Together, we are building a world-class gold Company and our success is determined by the hard work and dedication of our team. All of our team members are rewarded with a competitive benefits package and on-the-job perks, including:
- Competitive salary
- Group benefits package
- Training and learning opportunities
Together, we are Going for Gold in everything that we do and our success is determined by the hard work and dedication of our team.