Position Type: Full-Time
Position Location: Hybrid Work From Home/Office Opportunity
Position Available: Immediate
About Canucks Autism Network
Canucks Autism Network (CAN) is a charitable organization dedicated to providing programs for individuals on the autism spectrum and their families, while promoting acceptance and inclusion through community engagement and training initiatives across BC. Our vision is for every individual on the autism spectrum to be understood, accepted, and supported in all community spaces.
We engage a workforce of over 200 volunteers and 450 frontline staff to deliver programs for children, youth, and adults on the spectrum in communities across British Columbia. CAN currently supports 7,675 members on the autism spectrum.
CAN is expanding and we are looking for a seasoned Human Resources professional to develop and support the organization's human resource strategy. The Senior Manager of HR & Staffing is a multi-purpose and hand-on leadership role focused in 3 key areas 1.) Successful operations of the recruitment and staffing function of the HR department to ensure that all open positions are filled by qualified candidates and staff schedules are maintained in accordance with employment and company guidelines 2.) Develop and manage a robust onboarding and employee training program that foster a collaborative team environment and ensures effective, efficient, quality driven program support 3.) Coaching and developing managers and supervisors across the organization to ensure consistency and organizational standards are met.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a meaningful impact and help shape CAN's culture as we continue to build our amazing team of dedicated staff and volunteers.
- Oversee HR functions and activities at all levels of the organization including, but not limited to, recruitment, onboarding, talent and performance management, compensation, and job evaluation.
- Provide leadership, direction, and mentorship to the Human Resources Department, developing performance objectives and delivering performance evaluations for direct reports.
- Work with leaders across the company to shape our culture and promote/embed our core values into all programs, systems and processes.
- Identify internal and external employment issues and trends; recommend improvements, efficiencies, and training opportunities; assist with training implementations and deliveries.
- Routinely evaluate the effectiveness of HR programs and systems, and continuously improve to provide maximum return on investment.
- Partner with leadership teams to understand the organization's goals and develop strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Oversee the HR Policy & Compliance function, ensuring proper governance of our employment contracts, policies, and practices and compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Leverage technology to automate HR processes; connect and leverage existing systems, identifying opportunities for new technology, systems, or processes to increase efficiency.
- Practice effective situation/conflict management, working closely with leaders to ensure employee relations concerns are handled with care, professionalism and timeliness, while minimizing risks to the business.
- Provide coaching and resources to team members and managers with respect to career development, staffing initiatives, performance management and employee relations.
- Direct organizational planning processes that evaluate company structure, job design, and help forecast future staffing requirements.
What You'll Bring To CAN
- 7-10 years of progressive leadership experience
- Post-secondary degree in human resources, business administration, program management or a related field
- Experience leading or directing HR activates and tasks
- Proven ability to implement creative solutions to address HR challenges while supporting the organization's objectives
- Hands-on experience with Human Resources Management Software (including payroll systems and applicant tracking systems)
- Good knowledge of related legislative requirements, including Employment Standards Act, Occupational Health & Safety, Human Rights Act
- Exceptional analytics skills, comfortable with working with large amounts of data, communicating finding, designing processes, workflows, policies and best HR practices
- Strong management skills, including HR, financial management, planning, and cross-functional project management
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) or related designation an asset
What You'll Need to Be Successful
- Ability to identify, influence, and collaborate with key stakeholders to achieve desired organizational outcomes
- A passion for delivering simple, consistent and awesome people experiences
- Track record of professional judgement and superior analytical skills
- Ability to coach managers and employees and resolve employment issues
- Ability to proactively balance a varied workload, deal with conflicting priorities, and demonstrate flexibility, where required
- Understanding of the community services sector and/or non-profit sector considered an asset
- An organized and logical approach to complex problems, looking to understand the root cause
What We Offer
We are always looking for talented people. Join our team and work alongside a group of high-achieving, passionate professionals in a fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. We offer the following benefits to support you personally and professionally:
- Attractive compensation package with generous vacation and personal/sick paid time
- Extended health and dental benefits for you and your eligible dependents
- Group RRSP matching plan
- Annual Health Spending and Wellness credits
- Flexible work environment with option for remote work and flexible work schedule
- An open, ?continuous-learning' environment where professional development and career progression is encouraged
Canucks Autism Network values diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates including Indigenous peoples, individuals of all genders and sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, disability, age, and religion.
We are committed to a fair hiring process and can provide accommodations wherever possible. If you need support to apply or interview for a position, please contact Andrea, our Supported Employment Specialist, at via Isarta or 604-685-4049.