The Visual Media & Communications Specialist, a part of the Resource Development Team, supports the Edmonton Food Bank's efforts to build its donor base and supports relationships with individuals, groups, organizations, and the food industry.
We are looking for an experienced writer with strong editing ability who is also proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, & Illustrator) and has a flair for creativity. This individual must be able to work in a team as well as independently in a fast-paced environment. Attention to detail is a must to ensure the Food Bank's strong brand is maintained. The candidate must be willing to cross-train in other departments to ensure the ongoing success of the organization. The Visual Media & Communications Specialist reports directly to the Media & Communications Coordinator and Manager of Strategic Relationships & Partnerships.
As a passionate storyteller, the Visual Media & Communications Specialist will help produce, edit, and create videos and other marketing and communication support for the organization. This work is done in alignment with the priorities, direction and branding of Edmonton's Food Bank.
- Under the direction of the Media and Communications Coordinator document, film, edit, and create videos for Edmonton's Food Bank.
- Develop opportunities for the Food Bank to tell its stories through video and other communication tools. These videos are geared to the broader public or for other purposes such as in-house training or donor acknowledgement.
- Development of communication material including updating in-house monitors, modifying website content, and writing for other social media platforms or print material.
- Support the internal and external audio-visual needs at staff/volunteer information sessions, presentations to the public, media events, etc.
- Represent the Food Bank to the public, supporters, and donors.
- Assist the Resource Development Team at special events and fundraisers.
- Any other related duties requested or required to support Edmonton's Food Bank.
- Working outside of traditional hours is required to gather content for video production or support other work of the Food Bank.
- Experience shooting with video camera and GoPro;
- Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, & Illustrator), Web-standards (including cross device/mobile and cross-browser compatibility);
- Working understanding of Microsoft (Excel/PowerPoint);
- A technology enthusiast that enjoys a digital lifestyle;
- Social media management and curation
- Customer-centric (internal and external stakeholders);
- Enjoys, embraces and leverages change;
- Professional/personal values consistent with those of Edmonton's Food Bank.
Other Duties: As this position is responsible for assisting with events, other tasks may include: answering phones, delivery of event & promotional material, pick-up of food, money, or other event activities such as being the mascot and helping to coordinate volunteers. Flexibility with the hours of work is a must as many events happen in the evenings or on weekends.
Interested parties are to send their resume, a brief portfolio, and salary expectations to Chevy Cottrell, Media & Communications Coordinator and/or Tamisan Bencz-Knight, Manager of Strategic Relationships & Partnerships, at info @ edmontonsfoodbank.com.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
All staff must be fully vaccinated, continue to socially distance, and wear masks while on Food Bank Property.
- Please submit a brief portfolio via Isarta
- Class 5 Licence (preferred)
Application deadline: 2022-08-17