Are you a marketer with a passion for authentic and inspiring creative? The Xbox North America Marketing Team is seeking an Integrated Marketing Manager for the Canadian region. This person will develop and drive go-to-market campaigns associated with tentpole programs and key brand moments from audience strategy through creative execution, partnering with our Global counterparts, agencies, internal marketing, PR and media teams.
This role will lead the creation of fully integrated marketing campaigns for the Canadian market across all Xbox products (Xbox Game Pass, Xbox All Access, Consoles, Games, Accessories) - to drive consumer awareness, demand, and advocacy. As part of leading the development of integrated marketing plans, you will write strong creative briefs, manage asset production and partner with multiple teams to hit all customer touch points.
The ideal person will have a proven track record of understanding unique local audiences, developing integrated consumer marketing strategies, delivering compelling creative and have a true passion for pop culture /entertainment and their intersection with gaming. You will be adept at working across a large and highly complex organization with multiple stakeholders and will have partnered with outside agencies to deliver campaigns on time and on budget.
Local Integrated Marketing strategy and Execution: Develop and execute Canadian marketing programs for the regional North America Xbox Marketing team, building off of globally led creative. Focused on Demand Gen, work with the local Social and Digital Marketing Manager, and Partnerships and Lifestyle Marketing Manager to build strategic programs that reach fans across the full consumer journey and ultimately drive key business metrics
Will be responsible for concepting, vetting, and driving platform-wide initiatives, priorities, and campaigns, as well as providing local feedback / perspective to Global Campaigns/Creative presented to be sure they'll resonate with new and existing Canadian fans.
Be a thought leader able to identify local marketing opportunities that compliment global campaigns, and quickly mobilize a team of agency partners and internal teams to make them real
Articulate a vision and write clear, succinct and actionable key campaign documents, including the integrated marketing plan, campaign creative briefs, etc.
Seek out and recommend new ways to bring our products to life and challenge norms, including growing Xbox fandom and attracting new audiences
Cross-team collaboration and project management:
Build and maintain positive working partnerships with Global Integrated Marketing and Product Marketing teams along with your fellow North America Xbox Marketers, spanning Integrated Marketing, Local Media, and Retail Partner Marketing.
Budget oversight and management across multiple deliverables.
Maintaining compliance with legal, ESRB, Geo Political and on creative content approvals and clearances
Required qualifications :
- 6+ years of advertising, brand and campaign development experience, with extensive experience working with or for an agency, with a demonstrative portfolio of work.
- Nimble enough to negotiate with multiple stakeholders, be able to defend work, and also know when to accept direction.
- Know to get work done within a large and complex organization involving multiple stakeholders.
- Strong collaboration, leadership, and communication skills - with experience managing, directing, and monitoring cross-functional teams to achieve an outcome.
- strong drive for results, with a proven track record, often delivering under tight deadlines.
- Be comfortable using data to drive marketing recommendations and report impact
- Ability to assess the impact of various media/marketing channels
- Budget management experience and the ability to manage budgets across multiple products and timelines
- Experience developing campaigns for pop culture IP or entertainment properties and hyper aware of cultural and category trends
- Knowledge of the gaming industry and landscape
- Bilingual in French is an asset
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.