Come Join the Sierra Difference!
We are currently seeking to hire a Finance CO/OP Student for our Sierra Markets Division - working primarily within our Mississauga office location.
Who We Are:
Sierra Supply Chain Services provides protein (poultry, beef, pork) solutions to the food processing and distribution sector. We simplify supply chain services and provide expanding value to the protein sector across our three locations in Brampton, Hamilton, and Mississauga.
Sierra Supply Chain Services is currently seeking Finance & Administrative Assistant (CO/OP) opportunity to join our Finance department in Mississauga! This opportunity is hybrid; with 4 days working in the office and 1 day working remotely. This is an excellent opportunity for a student either in their final years or entering a finance study program (or related field) to gain real world experience! The role is contract and can be either for a 4 month, 6 month or 8 month term. Anticipated start is: August 29, 2022 (or earlier if a student is available).
- Customer focus
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to proficiently multitask
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- An individual who values life-long learning
- Works in Finance Department to ensure internal customer satisfaction
- Promotes and adheres to systems, policies, and procedures
- Utilizes resources and expertise to ensure quality of work and internal customer satisfaction
- Maintaining our online filing system by scanning, storing, and organizing documents into our ERP system and shared online file folders
- Recording inventory transfers in our ERP system
- Filing GST/HST reconciliations
- Entering storage and logistics disbursements in our ERP system
- Organizing sales invoices, attaching back-up documentation, and making copies
- Sending sales invoices to customers via mail and email
- Filing documents, and general ledger entries
- Exceed customer expectations for all interactions
- Provide support for customer and vendor inquiries
- Provide required reports and information for internal customers
- Follow company procedures to both their letter and intent.
- Other tasks, as required from time to time
- High attention to detail
- Strong planning and time management skills
- Ability to adapt to new environments and circumstances
- Self-motivating/financial mindset
- Experience in an accounting or bookkeeping role is considered an asset
- Working towards post-secondary degree or diploma
- Proven abilities in use of computerized systems and programs