Talent Acquisition Specialist
Job ID : 6016
Category : Human Resources
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Waterloo, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada's most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we've grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We're proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It's better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that's collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada's leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Starting in September, Definity employees move to a hybrid work model so we can collaborate, build mentoring relationships, and solve complex or cross-functional business opportunities together. Our teams work in whichever environment best supports what they're working on and who they're working with. We're actively reinventing our offices as welcoming workspaces that optimize collaboration and empower leaders to use our space to strengthen team dynamics. Our tools and processes seamlessly connect employees from multiple locations, and our culture encourages respectful engagement and flexibility. Leaders work with their teams to determine the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their team, cross-functional engagement, responsibilities and timelines, plus those of our customers, our broker partners, and the company culture.
What can you expect in this role?
- As a natural hunter of talent, you will work with hiring leaders and the HR team to deliver full cycle recruitment including developing and deploying proactive sourcing and selection strategies to ensure Economical is hiring the best talent based on knowledge, skills, experiences, and alignment to our culture.
- In collaboration with hiring leaders, you will use your creativity to come up with multi-pronged sourcing strategies to meet hiring needs.
- You will use behavioral interviewing techniques and expertise to provide support and counsel to hiring managers throughout the selection process.
- With your understanding of how to leverage social media and recruiting tools, you will attract talent from a direct sourcing perspective and build talent pipelines.
- The employment brand ambassador in you will lead you to identify & participate in industry networking activities to ensure a robust talent pipeline at all times
- Continuously look to improve the end-to-end talent acquisition process with speed to hire, quality of hire, pipeline management client management
- Dedication to building diverse teams. You understand that a diverse team outperforms a homogeneous one, and that it takes active work to build a diverse pool of candidates. You have a history of helping your team members prioritize diverse representation through their work.
What do you bring to the role?
- University degree or college diploma in a related program.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in talent acquisition specifically in developing and executing proactive sourcing strategies and recruitment programs.
- Innovative mindset, bold thinking and a creative approach to sourcing talent is a must. Inquisitive and research orientated.
- Proven ability to develop and execute proactive sourcing strategies that build the candidate pipeline and guide the recruitment process to closure.
- Demonstrated ability to establish credibility, collaborate with and influence hiring leaders while building strong relationships with internal stakeholders and candidates.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills to present alternative solutions and minimize high-risk situations.
- Excellent presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
We also take potential into consideration. If you don't have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot - you deserve it, and we've got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).