Share in something more with a career at COBS Bread
2021 Top 50 Best Workplaces? in Canada by Great Place to Work®
When you work with COBS Bread, you're part of a workplace that is committed to providing you with an experience that will help you rise to any occasion. We're here to encourage you to grow, connect with your community, have fun with your team, and to share in something more. We've got exciting plans in place for you as a passionate, inquisitive and eager team player who wants to make an impact.
Your Role as Sales Assistant
At COBS Bread, we celebrate fresh. Our Sales Assistants are experts in freshness, and in giving our customers a great in-bakery experience. Right now, we are looking for personable Sales Assistant to share their enthusiasm for all things fluffy and sweet with our loyal customers. No experience necessary- just the right attitude and a willingness to learn.
What Your Day Looks Like
- Work as part of a small team, providing an exceptional customer experience, and getting to know your regular, loyal customers
- Be responsible for merchandising product and executing marketing campaigns
- Work alongside your team to keep the bakery clean, and assist with production as needed. (Yep- you're going to learn how to do some baking!)
Why You Were Bread for This
- You are someone who takes pride in providing a great and personable experience for our customers
- You have a positive attitude and friendly demeanour
- You are reliable, self-motivated, and enjoys learning new skills
- You are a team player who is approachable and likes working with people
- Relevant retail experience and experience in handling cash, credit card and debit transactions is a strong asset
- Continuous standing/ walking for all tasks
- Constant use of both hands
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 7.5 kg., reaching below shoulder level, bending and turning
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 22 kg, pushing, pulling, crouching, bending and reaching above shoulder level
Perks & What You'll Feel Good About
- A fun team work environment with flexible hours
- Our training program - Continue to develop your sales and leadership skills through our Bronze and Silver Sales Development Qualification program.
- Career advancement opportunities - We have a stake in helping passionate team members grow and have more impact in the business and community.
- Complimentary products on us every shift
- And more, including benefits for all full time employees
While we thank you for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
About COBS Bread
With over 130 locations, COBS Bread serves fresh and delightful baked goods to communities across Canada every day. Any unsold items are donated daily to various local charities and food banks. The company's success can be attributed to the quality of our product, the development of our people, and our warm and friendly customer service.
COBS Bread is part of Bakers Delight - Established in 1980 operating as Bakers Delight in Australia and New Zealand, and since 2003 as COBS Bread in Canada and the USA. Together we have grown to more than 700 bakeries across Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the USA. The entire network employs over 15,000 people, serving more than 2.1 million customers each week.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.