Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we don't settle - always looking beyond to raise the bar and deliver with excellence. We apply our expertise and knowledge as we investigate the future with great optimism and focus. We don't settle until we give our best and know that we're making a difference.
Jacobs seeks a Graphic Designer to join our Creative Solutions team to support Strategic Sales Operations. This position offers a flexible combination of remote and in-office options based on our current environment, client needs, candidate location and ability to work independently successfully.
The Graphic Designer will be a proactive team player, excited and ready to engage on a multitude of projects with various teams on a national level, focusing on the design and development of proposals and supporting graphics, presentations, and positioning materials - from concept to completion. Must have proven skills with Adobe CS software (primarily InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) and strong presentation development experience (primarily PowerPoint). Prior Architectural/Engineering & Construction and/or Proposal and Sales experience a plus.
Applicants must provide either a portfolio link or PDF samples of work that highlight your work in layout, graphics, infographics, and presentations.
Here's What You'll Be Doing:
- Leads strategic graphic design solutions to support in the production of winning proposals, sales materials, and presentations, including but not limited to long document layouts, PowerPoint presentations, story boards, covers/dividers, marketing collateral/brochures, illustrations, interactive PDFs, ads, and digital media
- Plans, conceptualizes, and designs compelling and impactful graphics while collaborating with proposal team members and technical staff to strengthen messaging
- Conveys complex ideas with smart graphic designs and can develop concepts visually beyond bullet points
- Acts as a resource for graphic design methods and tools, developing and implementing process improvements, tool(s) improvements, and best practices
- Shares technical expertise with others and provides guidance and support; mentors other team members in technical areas
- Associates or bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or related discipline from a four-year College/University; work experience in A/E/C that matches the requirements of the position in lieu of degree
- Professional graphic design experience; A/E/C and/or Sales experience a plus
- Strong skills in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat) and Microsoft PowerPoint; proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams); experience working with additional creative, visual, interactive, and multimedia tools a plus
- Expert knowledge of procedures and technical concepts required for role
Ideally, You'll Also Have:
- Collaborative and engaging work style - works well in a detail-focused, highly deadline-driven, team-oriented environment
- Proactive mindset - not shy about sharing ideas and working with different teams to bring concepts to life
- Ability to problem solve and contribute to moderate to complex visual solutions
- Ability to recognize areas in proposals where graphics are best suited to tell the story
- Ability to handle multiple project assignments at a time, set priorities, manage your time, and organize work according to best practices
- Flexibility to work extended hours and weekends when project deadlines require
- Ability to travel as needed to support sales efforts in other offices
At Jacobs, we're partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you'll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.