Job Description :
Location: Toronto or Remote
Here at Rakuten Kobo Inc. we offer a casual working start-up environment and a group of friendly and talented individuals. Our employees rank us highly in terms of commitment to work/life balance. We realize that for our people to be innovative, creative and passionate they need to feel supported and valued. We believe in rewarding all our employees with competitive salaries, performance based annual bonuses, stock options and training opportunities.
If you're looking for a company that inspires passion, personal, and professional growth - join Kobo and come help us make reading lives better .
Rakuten Kobo is seeking a seasoned people leader with performance-driven marketing expertise to inspire & support a talented team of in-house acquisition and retention marketers who operate in 15+ countries, both introducing readers to Rakuten Kobo and maximizing their experience with Kobo eBooks, audiobooks, subscription services and eReaders through targeted, relevant lifecycle communications.
Reporting to the CMO, the ideal candidate will excel at digital marketing strategy and data-driven execution with a focus on new customer growth (web/app primarily) and existing customer loyalty that drive sales performance and increased customer value
Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic atmosphere, working in close collaboration with creative, production, sales and product teams, the VP, Digital Marketing will lead the digital marketing team to identify, prioritize, invest and optimize performance digital media, email marketing, SEO and more to hit ambitious growth targets.
The ideal candidate can effectively navigate at various levels of the organization and with external partners and vendors to continuously level up the digital marketing practice in the face of a changing media landscape.
Responsibilities/Qualifications/Essential job Functions
- Set the strategic vision and advance the implementation of global & local digital marketing tactics with intent focus on CPA-driven media practices through paid search, paid social, programmatic, display, mobile, affiliates, and other channels that drive qualified traffic and conversion to the website and apps.
- Lead web and app digital marketing strategies that drive acquisition and revenue across channels and platforms.
- Increase organic growth by overseeing the SEO leadership team and roadmap
- Increase revenue and brand affinity by iterating on a best-in-class email marketing program
- Increase retention by innovating and expanding the loyalty program
- Own and optimize global advertising budgets across products and services to meet or exceed targets including trial starts, new customers, CPA, revenue and ROAS/ROI)
- Promote a culture of collaboration by partnering with the broader teams (including creative, content sales, marketing production, big data, product, UX) to optimize your efforts
- Partner with the Product team to grow the international eCommerce marketing strategies on web and app to drive traffic and conversion.
- Be a great partner and effectively manage external partners/vendors with efficiencies gained
- Support and strengthen your team: Retain and attract top talent, stay ahead on market trends/new tools, coach, establish career paths, and build a productive, enjoyable team environment
- Budget management & optimization
- Bachelor's degree
- 15+ years' experience with progressive general management responsibilities in the digital marketing field in high-paced, rapid growth environments, scaling for growth and profitability
- eCommerce / direct-to-consumer business experience and deep performance digital experience is a must. Email and loyalty marketing experience an asset. Advertising and Media more broadly (full funnel) a bonus.
- Proven track record in building and scaling digital growth teams.
- Excellent people skills, with experience managing a dynamic team
- Strong budget management
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of Google Analytics
- Experience and success working with external partners/vendors for negotiations on pricing and contracts
- Ability to effectively collaborate in decision-making and motivate others, especially during difficult situations or on tough organizational issues
- An entrepreneurial mindset with the rigor and discipline to build the business and creative competencies that will allow us to stand out in the market
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and presentation skills - ability to work with a wide range of business stakeholders
Flexible hours and remote working environment
Full benefits starting from your first day
Paid Volunteer days, unlimited sick days, and 3% RRSP matching
Monthly commuting allowance and internet allowance
Flexible health spending account
Talent and development training budget
Free Kobo device
- free weekly e-book or audiobook
Weekly Kobo Tech University sessions
Maternity/paternity leave top up
About Rakuten Kobo Inc.
Owned by Tokyo-based Rakuten and headquartered in Toronto, Rakuten Kobo Inc. is one of the most advanced global e-commerce companies, with the world's most innovative eReading services offering more than 6 million eBooks and audiobooks to 30 million
- customers in 190 countries. Kobo delivers the best digital reading experience through creative innovation, award-winning eReaders, and top-ranking mobile apps. Kobo is a part of the Rakuten group of companies.
Rakuten Kobo Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations for candidates with disabilities participating in the selection process are available on request. Any information received related to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. Rakuten Kobo would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this role however only qualified candidates will be shortlisted.