Under the supervision of the Sales Director, the marketing specialist will work in collaboration with Americas marketing team to localize all marketing materials for the company’s products in the Canadian Market and establish strategy in collaboration with the VP finance & Operation to help the Topcon Canada (TCI) Sales Team increase their sales numbers.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
A. Promotional Material and Events
Working in concert with the Product Marketing and Sales Teams:
- Develop communication objectives and strategies and determine and manage the project budget and the production schedule.
- Manage the development of marketing and sales promotional materials to effectively promote and sell within the approved budget.
- Coordinate translation of marketing materials, ads and videos as appropriate.
- Partner with product marketing and sales to develop tradeshow objectives and strategies with respect to promotional activities, messaging, development of graphics and other collateral materials.
- Coordinate the development of tradeshow graphics and manage vendors accordingly to meet deadlines and avoid rush charges.
- Participate in the annual budgeting process for all TCI Marketing activities with a specific focus on the trade shows. This includes a Trade Show ROI analysis based on lead capture, in-show orders, and order closings/conversions post trade show.
- Coordinate, plan and execute the logistics on the ground of all tradeshows during the year for the sales team
- Manages the accounting processes related to vendor payment
B. Digital and Social Media Marketing
- Participate with Americas Marketing team in the activity of digital marketing to ensure the implementation of a proactive social media and digital marketing strategy for the Canadian Market.
- In collaboration with Americas team, work with web developer to create website content for supplies and add new pages / content to support new product launches and marketing campaigns for the Canadian Market
- Assist the Americas team in the creation of online and print advertising, videos and other digital marketing collateral with Canadian content as needed.
- Review monthly analytic metrics across all Canadian digital channels and outlets, recommend changes to boost lead generation.
C. Sales Team Support
- Respond to requests from individual sales reps for event invitations, promotional leave behinds, advertisements and pre-show marketing materials. Involve the review and approval of the Director of National Sales for these requests.
- Ensure that all regional sales collateral reflect approved messaging and brand standards.
- Regularly assist the Americas team in the update of the available material in the company’s sales enablement platform, Showpad, to ensure only current materials are provided for the TCI Sales team.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, with an emphasis on the medical or scientific industry.
- Working experience in a regulated medical industry a must. Experience in eye care a plus.
- 5+ year of related work experience in a corporate marketing environment. Proficient in digital marketing, content development and vendor management.
- Excellent French and English verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic team player, with proven ability to work collaboratively with sales team and other internal stakeholders is a must
- Ability to lead and facilitate group meetings to achieve consensus
- Will perform this job in a quality system environment. Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with government regulations.
- Based out of the TCI Boisbriand or Waterloo office.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.