What we're looking for
The HR and Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting the Director ofFinance & Operations in various human resources and corporate services functions.
What you'll do
- Facilitates the recruitment process by managing the LinkedIn account, reviewing and forwarding resumes to the appropriate Department Head, and communicating with successful applicants to set up interviews.
- Manages on-boarding process for all new employees, interns and contract employees.
- Administers staff benefit plans for new employees, and updates as required.
- Maintains staff vacation records, and updates vacation and resourcing calendars as required.
- Assists with HR-related projects and initiatives as required.
- Assists Director of Finance & Operations in planning team social events including but not limited to summer party, holiday party, etc.
- Manages company semi-monthly payroll.
- Provides professional reception services including routing all incoming/outgoing office traffic involving staff, clients, suppliers, building management personnel, and other visitors in an enthusiastic and professional manner.
- Initiates timely and effective communications across all offices in-person and via email or phone, particularly regarding coordinating meetings and other events.
- Opens and closes the office, ensuring that office security is maintained at all times.
- Manages office maintenance issues, and ensures the office is tidy.
- Orders supplies as required.
- Manages and coordinates the catering / special meeting requests for client meetings.
- Acts as the first point of contact for IT issues with Technical team and coordinates IT requests with external IT consultant.
- Manages all travel bookings, including prepaid flight passes, based on defined procedures.
- Manages the corporate gift and Christmas card mailing. Researches and recommends corporate gift options based on budget provided. Prepares, orders, packages and manages the delivery of the corporate gifts.
- Manages the petty cash float and prepares petty cash reports for the Vancouver office.
- Completes the bank deposit on a weekly basis.
- Manages docket module, setting up and updating dockets as required.
- Prepares weekly and monthly reports.
- Ensures staff timesheets are submitted and approved on time.
- Supports the Director of Finance & Operations with other duties as required.
What you'll need to bring
- Post-secondary education, preferably in a relevant field such as human resources management or business administration.
- 2 years of relevant work experience in human resources management or office administration preferred.
- Experience in social event planning and social media management.
- Experience handling clients and resolving conflicts.
- Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple projects/deadlines and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Intermediate computer and digital literacy skills (Microsoft Windows, Apple OSX, Microsoft Office, Social Media).
- Proactively initiates, develops, and maintains effective and cooperative relationships with a wide array of personalities and team members.
- Gives and receives feedback in a constructive manner.
- Advanced organizational skills.
- Advanced interpersonal skills.
- Advanced verbal/written skills.
Nice to have
Able to open office on time at 8:30AM Monday - Friday.
Able to work off hours in the event of an emergency.
Able to run office-related errands as needed.
Job Type: Full-time