Posting Open: August 4, 2022
Posting Close: August 21, 2022
Are you a Recruiter or a Talent Acquisition Specialist with experience in high volume recruitment?
Do you have a proven track record of recruiting for Maintenance, Operations, Projects or Construction roles?
Are you passionate about recruitment and providing a positive candidate and hiring manager experience?
If you have any of the above experience, we want to hear from you!
Bruce Power is seeking to enhance our team through the recruitment of an experienced individual to the role of Human Resources Specialist, Talent Acquisition for a temporary opportunity.
The Human Resources Specialist in Talent Acquisition will be responsible for the full cycle recruitment process internally and externally and will be committed to providing high quality, customer focused support for a specific portfolio of clients. In this role, the Human Resources Specialist will develop and maintain relationships with hiring managers and key stakeholders to provide expertise and consultation to help select top candidates while ensuring compliance with company policies, labour agreements and employment laws. In this role, you will be responsible for sourcing passive candidates through various avenues and social media channels to find high quality talent to join our organization.
The ideal candidate for the Human Resources Specialist, Talent Acquisition role will:
- Be highly passionate about recruitment
- Have demonstrated a strong discipline towards driving for accountability and results
- Demonstrate strong time management and organization skills with the ability to multitask
- Be an excellent role model of professionalism
- Be able to balance a high standard of excellence with the ability to meet targets and deadlines
- Have demonstrated experience sourcing external high quality talent
- Own the full cycle of the internal and external recruitment process which includes posting, sourcing candidates, screening, interviewing, and selection
- Constantly improve recruitment processes and develop innovative ideas to finding top talent.
- Review and analyze applications for appropriateness of skills, experience and knowledge in relation to position requirements and organizational fit
- Responsible for candidate experience; ensuring timely and effective communication and follow through with all candidates and team members from point of application to employment
- Support hiring plans and corporate hiring initiatives with a focus on diversity and inclusion
- Other duties as required
- Strong customer service skills and demonstrated effective interpersonal, written and verbal communications
- Demonstrates attention to detail, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Strong analytical mindset and the ability to balance multiple priorities and perform efficiently in fast paced environment
- Demonstrates consulting, prioritization, influencing, and planning skills
- Computer proficiency (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in the field of Human Resources, Business Administration with a focus in Human Resources, or other relevant field of study
- At least 2 years' experience working within Human Resources or Recruitment
- Experience sourcing and engaging talent using LinkedIn and other social media channels
- Demonstrated communication and relationship-building skills to ensure positive candidate experiences
- Experience sourcing external talent
- Experience recruiting in a unionized work environment considered an asset
- Education and Experience per the above qualifications and experience
- Transferable skills (for example, effective communication, drive for accountability and results, time/organizational management, collaboration and teamwork)
- Competency based interview
- Past performance record and suitability for this position
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to move forward will be contacted.
In order to ensure you are given full consideration for this position, please ensure your candidate application is completely filled out and up to date. The information in the candidate application will be used in the selection process to assess candidacy for this position.
Bruce Power is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; valuing and respecting diversity. We encourage applications from qualified members of the four designated groups.