SMART is helping educators and businesses succeed all over the world. Our technology empowers teachers, students and teams to learn and collaborate in innovative ways, inspiring breakthroughs - from improved learning outcomes to moving businesses forward.
Work at SMART Technologies, and you can be part of a team that creates and markets leading-edge hardware and software tools sold around the world. You can join the many skilled professionals who make SMART part of three million classrooms worldwide.
Reporting to the Manager, Software development, you will be a member of a highly agile team tasked with developing new functionality and maintaining and supporting the existing, publicly available product. This team builds scalable, high-performance services to manage our users' content. The ideal candidate must be self-directed and a fast learner, flexible enough to work on new technologies and legacy components.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work closely with our frontend teams to build value-driven features for educators
- Build RESTful web services using Java
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the services for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implement new functionality in our web services
- Apply test-driven development practices, including writing and maintaining unit tests
- Work closely with our test team to ensure automated testing has appropriate coverage
- Evaluate and choose new technologies and libraries to incorporate into our products
- Participation in the full Agile software lifecycle
- Write and maintain technical documentation
- Resolve outages, field escalations, troubleshoot and fix technical bugs
- Run performance benchmarking tests
- Other duties as required
- Strong foundations in computer science, particularly data structures, concurrent programming, distributed services, databases, etc.
- Experience developing web services in Go or Java
- Understanding test-driven development practices, including writing and maintaining unit tests
- Experience with developing software using Agile software development
- Building and deploying applications to Amazon Web Services or other PAAS
- Experience releasing software using a continuous deployment pipeline
- Strong communication skills in English
- Ability to take the initiative and propose solutions
- Preferred Experience developing/architecting highly available services
- Preferred Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
For more information on who we are, check us out at smarttech or view our youtube channel... or just apply.
At SMART Technologies, privacy is not an afterthought to us. Privacy is at the core of our software design. The result is that privacy is an essential component at the core of our business. To read more about our specific policies, please follow the links below. For more information, please review: https://home.smarttech.com/legal/privacy-policy