Req ID: 138801
Company: Nova Scotia Health
Location: Corporate Office, Lovett Lake
Department : Buisness Development
Type of Employment: Regular Hourly FT (100% FTE) x 1 position(s)
Status: Management/Non Union Position
Posting Closing Date: 17-Aug-22
Nova Scotia Health is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia, with some specialized services also offered to clients throughout Atlantic Canada. We're on a mission to achieve excellence in health, healing and learning through working together, which is reflected in the hospitals, health centres and community-based programs we operate across the province. Our passionate team of professionals provides a variety of high-quality inpatient and outpatient services including academic, tertiary, and quaternary care, as well as continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions. Join a diverse team of innovators, collaborators and creative thinkers today.
Nova Scotia Health employs professionals in all corners of our beautiful province. We believe there's a place here for everyone to call home, from vibrant cities with exuberant nightlife to quaint towns with picturesque trails. The work-life balance that comes with an Nova Scotia Health role means you'll have the time to explore, discover, and participate in that coveted Atlantic lifestyle. Visit us today and check out www.novascotia.com to see why more people from across the globe are moving here.
Nova Scotia Health's Research, Innovation and Discovery portfolio is transforming health care delivery and improving the health of all Nova Scotians by leading initiatives that deliver high-impact health care solutions and developing strategic partnerships with clinical champions, industry, healthcare foundations, governments and academic partners. By pairing leading researchers, innovators, and clinicians with entrepreneurs through our newly formed Health Innovation, Research and Discovery Hub, their creative solutions are improving health and health care while also contribute directly to Nova Scotia's economy.
Reporting to the Director of Business Development, the Business Development Manager is responsible for business development activities on behalf of Research and Innovation. The Manager Business Development will be responsible for identifying, developing, and managing strategic and collaborative opportunities with partners from the private, public and research sectors. This role will interface with internal clinical departments to mobilize the launch of new services and demonstrate innovation thought leadership. Externally, the role will interface with the innovation ecosystem funders, private industry, academia, start-up companies, government departments, etc.
The Manager of Business Development provides leadership and supports strategies and operational plans consistent with legislation, accountability frameworks and the mission, vision and values of the organization. This position supports a provincially integrated process and contributes to the design and development of comprehensive human resource and organizational performance strategies and business practices to support the effective, efficient and sustainable delivery of services and programs.
Under the direction of the Director of Business Development, the Manager of Business Development ensures continuous improvement to advance a vision of excellence within his/her areas of responsibility and is accountable for the development, maintenance and monitoring of quality programs, and compliance with relevant legislation, standards and accreditation requirements. The Manager of Business Development facilitates and champions a learning and research environment that aligns with Nova Scotia Health, and works closely with education institutions, government and other partners on the preparation of our health workforce.
Master's Degree in relevant discipline with strong research foundation is required
- Proven experience in strategic planning for research enterprises, particularly in public institutions
- A minimum of five years' experience in research administration
- A minimum of five years' experience in management and supervision of personnel
- Experience in the academic environment is essential
- Proven track record in pursuit of major research funding, partnership-building and investment attraction
- Experience in government relations specific to research and innovation and health
- Experience in managing multi-stakeholder initiatives and projects and with stakeholder liaison and management
- Experience in the local health sciences research environment is a definite asset
- Business planning and budget management experience
- Experience in engaging, mentoring and empowering teams and stakeholders in a collaborative, participative manner to respond to the mission, vision, goals and objectives of an organization
- Experience in project management principles and implementation
- Demonstrated knowledge of policy impact and development
- Knowledge of health care organizations and the health sector
- Excellent analytical, organizational, negotiation and decision-making skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to effectively build relationships and interact with all clients in scope
- Ability to build engagement among peers and business leaders to support new strategies and change management
- High level of competence in both written and verbal communication
- Experience working with diversity of staff and stakeholders, with knowledge of cultural competence, diversity and social inclusion
- Ability to analyze and interpret statistical data and monitor quality and performance indicators and benchmarks related to the workforce
- Sound knowledge of information systems and financial management
Hours of Work
Permanent, Full-Time (75 hours bi-weekly)
Beginning September 5, 2022. Start date may be subjected to change.
$42.63 - $53.29 hourly
($83,125.77 - $103,906.92 annual salary)
Once You've Applied
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
As per the COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Protocol in High-Risk Settings, Nova Scotia Health requires all team members to be fully vaccinated by November 30th, 2021.
Nova Scotia Health is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Indigenous, Black/African Nova Scotians, Persons of Colour, Immigrants/Newcomers, Persons with Disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify.