We're creating our own future
At Volvo Cars, we are making bold digital visions come true. We aim to be the leader in the automotive world by creating a digital ecosystem built around making our customers' lives less complicated. What we all have in common at Volvo Cars is our passion for protecting lives, our endless curiosity, and our dedication to create a new future for the automotive industry. Our human centric focus is what separates us from all other car companies
What's in it for you?
People are at the heart of our business. We want you to innovate, challenge and build a career at Volvo Cars. In return we offer hybrid working to allow for greater flexibility and work-life balance, further enabling us to reduce our environmental impact and support your personal circumstance. In addition, we offer flexible working, 15 days per year to work from any location in the world, 24 weeks enhanced parental leave and 28 days annual leave plus 4 fixed and 4 flexible bank holidays which you can use to support your personal beliefs at any time of the year. We also have a flexible benefits platform in which you can buy additional holiday and take advantage of family savings and shopping discounts. A preferential car lease scheme for employees and family members to utilise along with health & wellbeing initiatives, charitable giving days alongside personal growth and career development opportunities.
What you'll do:
To drive the standard in Online Sales. To sell an agreed number of new vehicles using best practise selling techniques, sound product knowledge, and compliant with sales procedure. To provide courteous, professional and advisory service to all customers to maximise our opportunities, while ensuring complete customer satisfaction and loyalty. By providing excellent customer service and communication based upon each customer's unique needs, you will help inspire new customers to choose Care by Volvo.
This is a high energy, team sales environment, in which you will build rapport with customers through friendly, engaging communication. Key repsonsiilities include:
- Responding to all enquiries via telephone, email, chat, text and video with the aim of converting a prospect into a Care by Volvo customer
- Process enquiries appropriately on the CRM system (Salesforce) to enable future follow-up
- Upsell customers by outlining benefits of premium grades, packs and options
- Support marketing initiatives through maximising conversion of inbound leads
- Acquire new customers through following up leads generated from direct marketing campaigns by outbound calling
- Proactively contribute ideas and suggestions for improving our customer's experience
- Work collaboratively with our Customer Relations department to ensure all sales related customer requests can be handled effectively
- Liaise with our retailer partners (Volvo dealer network) to ensure a seamless omni-channel customer journey
Do you fit the profile?
Experience is important, but personality is key!
Full training will be given but the ability to work within a high energy, team sales environment is essential and you should have proven expereince in high volume sales. Good communication skills (oral and written) with great presentation, influencing and negotiating skills are essential and you should be familiar with using Microsoft Office, e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook.
Key skills include:
- Demonstrable ability to prospect and win profitable conquest business
- Understands the needs of both customers and the company and demonstrates this in your work
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage with several different stakeholders
- Fast-paced and dynamic, with the ability to adapt, manage and meet deadlines.
- Highly adaptable and positive to changes in assignments and priorities
- Able to communicate positively with colleagues and customers at all levels with confidence
- Calm under pressure with an organised nature and strong attention to detail
- Systematic and process-oriented way of working
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English and be a great listener
Benefits & Life at Volvo Car UK:
- Salary circa £29,000 DOE. Competitive salaries that are reviewed and benchmarked annually
- Discretionary, performance related bonus scheme that rewards you whilst you help us to achieve our goals
- Hybrid working in our agile, state of the art offices or from home when convenient for you and your family
- Everyday flexible working Monday-Friday, 7am-7pm depending on business needs
- 28 days holiday
- bank holidays (4 fixed & 4 unfixed)
- the opportunity to buy up to 5 additional days
- 15 days' work from anywhere in the world policy
- 24 weeks enhanced and flexible parental leave for all employees regardless of gender up to a child's 3rd birthday
- Matched pension contribution up to 5%
- Wellbeing benefits such as Health Cash Plan, Life Assurance, Private Medical Insurance with Vitality
- 2 paid volunteering / charity days per year
- Access to our preferential employee lease car scheme for you and your family
- Subsidised onsite restaurant plus free refreshments and snacks
- Onsite electrical charging for your Plug-In Hybrid Electric or Battery Electric vehicle.
- A set salary sacrifice spend limit, refreshed every tax year for you to choose from multiple services and products to suit your lifestyle whilst saving on tax and NI within our extensive flexible benefits platform
- Discounted shopping site with 100s of brands and online retailers
Diversify our future:
Volvo Cars is an equal opportunities employer. We are a company for people who care about other people and for the world we live in. We celebrate diversity and inclusion in the workplace and are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees and employment practices, including hiring, recruiting, and promotion. It's what you do that counts and we are always looking to expand perspectives and voices to shape our future. With us, you can truly be yourself, embrace new opportunities, thrive and a make a difference.
How to learn more and apply:
We do not accept email applications due to GDPR so we welcome your application via the link provided in this job advertisement by Friday 5th August. For information about the recruitment process, please contact Vickie Ewins ****@
We will hold an Assessment Centre for this vacancy on Monday 8th August, 10am-1pm at our Maidenhead Head Office.
Who are we?
Everything we do starts with people. Our purpose is to provide freedom to move, in a personal, sustainable and safe way. We are committed to simplifying our customers' lives by offering better technology solutions that improve their impact on the world and bringing the most advanced mobility innovations to protect them, their loved ones and the people around them.
Volvo Cars' continued success is the result of a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive working environment. The people of Volvo Cars are committed to making a difference in our world. Today, we are one of the most well-known and respected car brands, with over 40,000 employees across the globe. We believe in bringing out the best in each other and harnessing the true power of people. At Volvo Cars your career is designed around your talents and aspirations so you can reach your full potential. Join us on a journey of a lifetime as we create safety, autonomous driving and electrification technologies of tomorrow.