Central 1 cooperatively empowers credit unions and other financial institutions to deliver banking choice to Canadians. Central 1 provides critical services at scale to enable a thriving credit union system. We do this by collaborating with our clients, developing strategies, products and services to support the financial well-being of their more than 5 million diverse customers in communities across Canada. For more information, visit www.central1.com.
What we offer:
- Work-life flexibility
- Hybrid work environment
- One time allowance to set up your office for remote first employees
- Variable annual incentive plan
- Generous annual vacation allotment
- Top-notch flexible benefits plan
- Retirement Plan, matched contributions at 6%
- Access to a learning platform and educational assistance support
- Career development opportunities
- Wellness Flex Fund to support personal interest and activities
- Day off to volunteer in your community and other paid time off options
- Corporate discounts
*subject to employment agreement
Central 1 Is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion through maintaining curiosity, collaboration, and courage which are our core values.
We are looking for someone to join our Member & Stakeholder Relations team as an Administrative Assistant.You will be providing administrative support of low to moderate complexity and sensitivity of information and managing the smooth and efficient operation of the Member & Stakeholder Relations team. This includes the ability to multi-task, anticipate needs, co-ordinate work with others, troubleshoot issues and balance and adapt to changing priorities with diplomacy and confidentiality.
In this role, you will supporting various key individuals as they relate to the operations of the department. This includes coordinating, monitoring and maintaining communications and information flow within the department, with other executive and staff within Central 1, and within management of the credit union system.
What you'll be doing:
- Responsible for responding to internal and external enquiries, checking Member Relations inbox daily, and provide information regarding Central 1 and departmental programs and services
- Coordinate the production and publishing of various reports, emails and publications with the team.
- Point of contact for administrative requirements.
- Use email and meeting platforms such as MailChimp, Zoom, MSTeams to plan and execute logistics of events and to send communications including list management and analytics.
- Organize meetings (both in-person and webinar/virtual) including liaising with internal and external stakeholders to plan events.
- Assist with overall execution of events and projects such as quarterly member webinars and periodic system meetings.
- Support Member Relations team with research, collection and preparation of presentations for executives and facilitate related approvals
- Work effectively and collaboratively with colleagues across boundaries (business lines and regions).
- Demonstrate ability to balance multiple demands and projects successfully, effectively prioritizing workload and meeting deadlines
- Provide administrative support for calendar, expense reports and invoices, and other administration functions to the VP, Stakeholder Relations & Communications
- Draft, facilitate approval of and prepare communication for email or website publishing.
- Use website content management systems (CMS) such as WordPress to publish materials to Member website and manage permissions for new members.
- Perform other duties as required to support the Member & Stakeholder Relations team in delivering exceptional service and to support Central 1's business goals.
What you'll bring to Central 1:
- Diploma in business administration, public relations, communications or related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum 2 to 3 years related experience in a large scale administrative and business environment.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work across a variety of teams and departments.
- Strong organizational, time management, oral and written communication, interpersonal and customer service skills with attention to detail.
- Expertise in the use of computers and relevant software, including Microsoft Office 365 including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, OneDrive and Teams.
- Experience managing accounts and contacts in CRM such as Salesforce.
- Experience managing content for digital channels including CMS tools such as WordPress.
- Experience with email marketing tools such as MailChimp or Pardot and experience with virtual meeting and webinar tools such as Zoom, GoToWebinar or MSTeams.
- Good analytical, research and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task, anticipate needs, co-ordinate work with others, troubleshoot issues, and balance and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to deal with a variety of situations with diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Ability to foster strong working relationships with internal staff and external contacts to accomplish objectives.
Central 1 is an equal opportunity employer and committed to building an inclusive workforce by creating an environment where everyone feels like they belong and has the opportunity to be successful. We welcome of all applicants to join our diverse workforce and we will provide an accessible candidate experience including, but not limited to accommodations to interview sites and alternate formats upon request to our Recruitment team.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $47,000.00 per year
- Bonus pay
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday