Administrative Assistant to Vice-President, Finance and Administration
Internal Posting Closing Date
External Closing Date
Open Until Filled
Finance & Administration (VFC)
Salary Range $62,160 to $77,699
Hours of Work per Week
Working at Fanshawe College
As an employee of Fanshawe College you may be required to work on-campus, remotely, or a combination thereof. Confirmation of your work location will be clarified with you upon hire, and may be subject to change based on the duties required of your position.
Note: This is a full-time Administrative position (37.5 hours per week).
Duties: Under the supervision of the Vice-President, Finance and Administration, the incumbent provides administrative organization and assistance to the Vice-President. Prepares reports, briefing papers, research and correspondence. Liaises between the Vice-President's office and the department's internal and external communities. Actively participates in the support and achievement of priorities and future plans established by the Vice-President.
- Post-secondary 2-year diploma in Office Administration, or Business Studies
- Minimum 5 years' recent and relevant experience
- Freedom of Information training required through attendance at various sessions offered by the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner, or other various service providers
- Good knowledge of College programs, policies, and organizational structures, with the ability to apply guidelines and procedures appropriately
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication skills
- Highly organized, able to work independently and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities
- Good skills at minute taking and preparation of appropriate minutes
- Excellent computer and analytical skills with very high attention to detail to produce high quality data, reports, correspondence and other documents
- Must be professional and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Good understanding of departmental budget and accounting process and records
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.