SAFETY. TEAMWORK. INTEGRITY.
BURNCO Rock Products is hiring a Service Writer for it's Edmonton, Alberta Maintenance Facility. Reporting to the Fleet Maintenance Supervisor to coordinate services/CVIP/ vehicle repairs for a very busy operation you will be a professional with a reputation for being organized and responsive, and a track record of getting your work done quickly and accurately. You will have excellent attention to detail and organizational skills, be flexible and able to manage multiple priorities, and possess strong problem-solving abilities. As the successful candidate you will be resourceful in dealing with issues, interact effectively in a team environment and skilled in building professional relationships with employees in the shop and across the organization. You enjoy the challenge of being in the center of the action, taking pride in getting repair and service orders completed as promised.
What You Will Be Doing
Location: 3867 - 92nd Avenue, Edmonton, AB
- Open/close repair work orders
- Run flagging reports for service scheduling
- Update maintenance program with completed services
- File completed repair work orders and supply copies to fleet records
- Deal with driver concerns at front counter - coordinating with Lead Hands for urgent repairs when needed
- Other duties as assigned
What We Would Like From You
- 3+ years of direct industry experience preferred
- Professional Service Advisor Certificate or equivalent will be considered an asset
- Experience working in a high-volume, fast paced environment is required
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, and Outlook is required
- Experience with Oracle is an asset
- Excellent collaboration capabilities that build strong, positive relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills
It Would Be Nice If You Had This, But We'll Still Like You Even If You Didn't Have An
- Understanding of concrete products and/or Mixer Trucks
- Minimum of a Grade 12 Diploma or GED
Posting Open Until Filled
Since 1912, BURNCO has been supplying aggregate construction materials as a successful, family-run business based in Calgary. Over the last 110 years we have embraced innovative technology and new marketplaces while always maintaining the vision and values that were first introduced by our founder, James F. Burns.
At BURNCO, we believe in paying people what they're worth. To ensure our pay levels are competitive, we participate in comparative salary surveys and analysis.
PERFORMANCE-BASED INCENTIVE PROGRAM
BURNCO has a performance-based culture where compensation and bonuses are linked to performance from an individual contribution and overall company measure.
KEEPING YOU AND YOUR FAMILY HEALTHY - BURNCO HAS GREAT HEALTH BENEFITS
BURNCO offers and extensive employee benefits package including: Health and Dental Care, Vision, Life Insurance and a Retirement Savings Plan.
BURNCO RRSP PLAN
BURNCO wants to assist employees in preparing for life after work through our excellent group retirement plan. RRSP Plan employee's may contribute up to 6% of their base salary and BURNCO provides a matching contribution.