The Upper Thames River Conservation Authority is currently accepting resumes for the permanent, full-time position of Communications & Marketing Specialist.
The Communications and Marketing Specialist is responsible for the production, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of communication products and marketing strategies designed to build partnerships that lead to awareness of, support for, involvement in, and use of Authority programs, facilities, and services. This position works continuously in collaboration with staff and management from other Authority divisions and units.
See https://thamesriver.on.ca/about-us/contact-us/employment-opportunities/ for further details.
Education, (degree, diploma, certificates, licenses)
- A degree from a recognized university or diploma from a recognized college in communications, marketing, or journalism.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a communications and marketing role.
- Experience working with website applications including Wordpress.
- Experience working with social media including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and others.
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop is an asset.
- Experience with digital media and video production.
- Experience with organizing and promoting events is an asset.
Skills, Knowledge, and Ability
- Outstanding and demonstrated verbal and written communication and presentation skills and experience.
- Excellent organizational skills combined with the ability to meet deadlines and produce outstanding results within variable time frames.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to work well as a member of a team
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of communications. Detailed knowledge of the design, development, implementation, and evaluation of communication plans and products.
Compensation and Other Information
$34.43 to $41.89 per hour - 35 hours per week
OMERS Pension Plan, Comprehensive Group Insurance Plan
Start Date: as soon as possible
As per UTRCA's COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, all UTRCA employees are required to be fully vaccinated. As a condition of hire, successful candidates will be required to show acceptable proof of vaccination prior to their start date unless medically exempt or otherwise exempt under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
How to Apply
Deadline for Applications: August 12, 2022, at 4:00 p.m.
Please submit cover letter and resume via Isarta indicating the position title in the subject line of your email.
If you do not have access to email, please submit cover letter and resume to:
Sharon Viglianti, HR Administrator
Upper Thames River Conservation Authority
1424 Clarke Road, London, ON N5V 5B9
Applicants will be contacted ONLY if an interview is required.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
The Upper Thames River Conservation Authority is an equal opportunity employer.
Personal information collected in relation to the recruitment process is collected under the authority outlined in the Conservation Authorities Act R.S.O. 1990, c. C.27, s. 18 (1) and will be used to determine eligibility for employment. Questions about this collection of personal information should be directed to: General Manager, Upper Thames River Conservation Authority, 1424 Clarke Road, London, ON N5V 5B9, 519-451-2800.