We want Northland to be the first choice for talented people looking for a rewarding and challenging career. Our workforce is a diverse team of individuals with a broad, multi-faceted skill set dedicated to delivering results for our stakeholders while upholding our values and culture.
- Mike Crawley, President and CEO
At Northland, we're enablers of change, united by our journey to transform the energy sector into the foundation for a sustainable future.
Since our inception, we've been early movers in the energy industry, adopting new initiatives that pave the way for communities across the globe and helping forge their path towards a carbon-neutral landscape.
We're a different kind of independent power producer. As developers, owners and operators who are at the forefront of the energy transition, we're uniquely positioned to leave a lasting impact in the regions where we operate. We've expanded our business across Canada, the United States, Latin America, Europe and Asia to become a global leader, all by bringing together industry experts to find solutions with an entrepreneurial mindset.
While our work powers communities across the globe, Northland is powered by our people.
What You'll Do:
As a Talent Acquisition Coordinator, you will provide coordination support to our regional Talent Acquisition Partners to ensure all activities related to the recruitment process are smooth and progressing efficiently. You will be part of a dynamic global team who strives to provide excellent candidate experience while working closely with multiple business units. In this role, you will also have the opportunity to collaborate cross-regionally with Talent Acquisition and People Operations to improve upon and streamline existing processes.
- Create job requisitions in Workday; post roles to careers site, LinkedIn, Indeed, StepStone and other job portals, ensuring all sourcing sites are accurate, up-to-date, and align to employer brand standards
- Participate in intake meetings with TA Partners and hiring managers to understand our business and the nuances of each role
- Assist in building a talent pipeline and help with candidate sourcing and screening candidates for entry-level roles as needed
- Capture accurate data in our global recruitment tracker regarding all live and open roles
- Coordinate with multiple stakeholders to schedule virtual and onsite interviews
- Support logistical planning of recruiting events
- Answer and respond to any general candidate inquiries that come through our Careers mailbox
- Facilitate the candidate pre-employment background check process through Sterling and partner with People Operations team for a successful transition to onboarding
- Support and drive Talent projects to help scale our operations and efficiencies
Who You Are:
- Flexible: You are adept and energized working in a fast paced, changing environment. You have strong project management and prioritization skills.
- Proactive: You are not afraid to offer suggestions and make improvements to processes. You are proactive in identifying and taking on new projects and you execute on your ideas
- A strong communicator: You are a natural communicator who feels comfortable interacting with a wide range of people from different backgrounds. You have a highly professional approach to interacting with candidates and hiring managers.
- Customer-service focused: You're passionate about candidate experience and you strive to make every interaction a positive one.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 6 months experience (including internships), ideally working in an agency environment, or fast paced corporate recruiting environment
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite (most importantly Excel and Outlook)
- Prior experience with Applicant Tracking Systems; experience with Workday is a plus
- Proven success driving process and systems advancement across a team
This document is a guide. The duties, responsibilities, and requirements of the jobs as described herein are not inclusive and are subject to change.
Northland Power is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating a fair, inclusive and accessible environment. As part of our commitment we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify a member of the HR Department.