Graham is an employee-owned construction solutions partner that services the buildings, industrial, infrastructure, water and project finance sectors. We deliver lasting value for our clients through meticulous planning and scheduling, while upholding rigorous safety and quality standards. With offices throughout North America, our passionate and knowledgeable teams deliver projects that enable communities to thrive and people to live, work, move and grow in a rapidly changing world. With over nine decades of experience, Graham has the resources, capacity and expertise to undertake projects of every scope, scale and complexity. Join our team to deliver a better tomorrow.
We are seeking top-tier talent to join our Buildings division and deliver innovative projects in the healthcare, education, hospitality, recreational, entertainment, retail, commercial office, mixed-use, multi-family residential and light industrial sectors. As a member of this collaborative team, you can expect a safe, diverse and inclusive environment, and on-going learning and career development opportunities.
About The Role
Reporting to General Manager, the Business Development Coordinator provides support within the Winnipeg Commercial buildings team, by taking a pro-active approach to seeking new opportunities within the local and where necessary, Canada-wide markets.
By immersing yourself within the team, you will develop a strong understanding of Graham's business, best practices, which will provide knowledge when networking with Consultants, Colleagues, and other industry related professionals.
While establishing your presence in the market, you will support the Proposal Manager with preparing response material and will collaborate closely with the internal teams to ensure a thorough, detailed package is ready to be presented.
As a Business Development Coordinator at Graham, you will:
- Attend, and take the lead with organizing attendance to various association networking events
- Compiling reports with upcoming opportunities within the local and national markets
- Collaborate with the Proposal team as per Graham processes to ensure proposal submissions are high quality, compliant and provide solid value of service.
- Be pro-active in providing solutions or identifying challenges which may occur with pursuits
- Support the business by sharing recent findings to help best prepare the business when making decisions
- Ensure client documents are downloaded (and updated regularly), and a copy is sent to all proposal response team members
- Demonstrate understanding of the solicitation document(s), identify response deliverables, establish submission schedules, and communicate responsibilities and accountabilities to the response team
- Establish a responsibility / compliance matrix and update as required
- Follow the proposal schedule ensuring all tasks are completed by the established due date
- Support with internal proposal kick-off meetings with the associated Pre-Construction team where deliverables, strategies and responsibilities are discussed and agreed upon.
- Facilitate review meetings as necessary
- Support development of presentations, e-bulletins, and other internal and external communications and documentation
- Maintain the document library for resumes, project fact sheets, etc
- Complete tasks within the appropriate timeline defined by the proposal schedule
- Ensure all information within the proposal is accurate
- Support the proposal process in accordance with internal processes and assist the response team members in the execution of tasks
- Collaborate with business unit leaders, keeping them accountable to the compliance and helping them to understand the compliance requirements of the proposal
- Demonstrate a willingness to participate in a team environment and help others on the team
- Know the needs of the business unit and help others to understand
- Manage the experience of customers to ensure positive relationships are established and maintained
- Construction related education is considered an asset.
- Understanding of construction delivery methods would be an asset.
- This role is primarily office-based, though minimal travel may be required.
If this sounds like you, then Graham may be the right fit. Apply today.
Graham is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Graham does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
No unsolicited resumes or phone inquiries from agencies, thank you.