Date Posted: 07/28/2022
Req ID: 23718
Faculty/Division: Faculty of Arts & Science
Department: Dept of Physics
Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
Position Number: 00000037
Description: About us:
The Faculty of Arts & Science is the heart of Canada's leading university and one of the most comprehensive and diverse academic divisions in the world. The strength of Arts & Science derives from our combined teaching and research excellence in the humanities, sciences and social sciences across 29 departments, seven colleges and 46 interdisciplinary centres, institutes and programs.
We can only realize our mission with the dedication and excellence of engaged staff and faculty. The diversity of opportunities and perspectives within the Faculty reflect the local and global landscape and the need for curiosity, innovative thinking and collaboration. At Arts & Science, we take pride in our legacy of innovation and discovery that has changed the way we think about the world.
Under the general direction of the Director, Physics Learning & Research Services, the incumbent is responsible for all operations of Graphics Office of the Physics Department. This includes creating images related to research and teaching, creating graphics content for Departmental publications and Outreach, creating content for web pages and assisting with creating and managing web pages. An important responsibility is running a poster printing service using a numberof large format printers.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing graphic elements for digital and online media
- Producing promotional and outreach materials
- Creating and producing graphic designs that reflect departmental and/or divisional objectives
- Probing for information from website users to establish needs
- Developing and maintaining standards and styles for visual and interface design of digital platforms
- Creating and populating page templates in web content management systems
- Formatting graphic design materials for print
- Setting up and troubleshooting printers
- AdvancedCollege Diploma (3 years) in graphic design or acceptable combination of equivalent experience.
- Minimum four years of recent and related graphic design experience.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with specialized graphics software.
- Experience in Web site graphic design and content development.
- Experience with operating large format printers and providing general printing services.
- Experience consulting with and advising clients on graphic design and on techniques and composition related to large format printing.
- graphic design experience in a research or academic environment, with demonstrated ability to create complex and original scientific visualization images
- Advanced proficiency with applications like Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop, PowerPoint, CorelDRAW, Corel PHOTO-PAINT, etc.
- proficiency with HTML and CSS, and web page template development
- experience with colour calibration systems, including calibration using a spectrophotometer
To be successful in this role you will be:
Closing Date: 08/09/2022, 11:59PM ET
Employee Group: USW
Appointment Type: Budget - Continuing
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 10 - $63,720 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $81,485. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Category: Information Technology (IT)
Recruiter: Kecha Holland
Lived Experience Statement
Candidates who are members of Indigenous, Black, racialized and 2SLGBTQ+ communities, person with disabilities, and other equity deserving groups are encourage to apply, and their lived experience shall be taken into consideration as applicable to the posted position.