Assistant Director, Event Sales & Services
Do you enjoy helping others and building emotional connections to make people feel special and welcomed? If so, then we want YOU to be part of our Fairmont Royal York family.
Every day you will be responsible for engaging with our guests, clients and colleagues. You will create the essential Toronto experience at the hotel that has been a Canadian icon for over 91 years. You will be given the responsibility to ensure that our guests and colleagues feel WELCOMED, CARED FOR and INCREDIBLE. Being part of the Fairmont Royal York family is more than providing warm and consistent service. As an ambassador of Fairmont Royal York, you will take the initiatives necessary to turn moments into memories by taking the time to understand our guests' purposes: why are they staying at Fairmont Royal York, what is their length of stay and what are their preferences and passions? Making our guests feel heard and cared for creates an emotional connection to our brand and builds loyalty.
These emotional connections are not just for guests. As part of the Fairmont Royal York family, you will be tasked with creating impactful relationships with your colleagues.
Through your passion and motivation, you sell memorable experience to guests who stay in your property. You are professional and knowledgeable about your property, and you build strong relationships and create bond with your guests.
If creating these lasting relationships and experiences excites you, read more about how your role supports our vision of continuing to create the essential Toronto experience!
What's in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- This leadership position is responsible for attracting and developing an engaged Events team for an iconic luxury hotel. Showcasing and executing world renowned meetings and events while delivering exceptional service and results.
- Develop and execute strategic action plans to enhance the operation of the Event Sales & Services department
- Responsible for the day to day operation and effectiveness of the Event Sales & Services department
- Collaborate with Director, Event Sales & Services to oversee all scheduled events and programs
- Responsible for organization and supervision of assigned programs from turnover to departure, including guestroom and event requirements - food & beverage details as well as audio visual
- Liaise with all departments to ensure awareness and understanding of upcoming programs and execution of requirements at every phase of the guest experience
- Oversee and manage forecast and budgeting process and coach/guide the Event Sales & Services Managers to achieve targets and deliver exceptional results
- Manage development of the department through consistent 1:1 meetings, performance evaluations, establishing departmental/individual objectives and evaluating monthly to ensure targets are met, while focusing on enhancing the colleague experience
- Plan and execute various events/programs as assigned to fulfill contractual commitments and timelines
- On-going collaboration with Sales and Revenue Management to develop and implement function space management to optimize the flow of our event spaces and ensure the grandest of feelings with our guest experiences
- Conduct and actively participate in operational meetings to communicate important sites, pertinent group arrivals and event logistics and its impact on Hotel operations
- Ensure integrity and service excellence at every phase of the planning process by enhancing and implementing core standard operational procedures
- Promote and support the learning and development of all Event Sales & Service team
- Further develop and foster cross-collaboration with all supporting departments in a constructive, respectful and highly communicative manner
- Maintain and enhance the reputation of the hotel as a leader in environmental social governance by adhering to, promoting and enhancing our sustainable offerings
- Actively participate in daily, weekly and monthly departmental communication meetings; as well as divisional and operational meetings
- Facilitate post conference follow up with Sales and Event Sales, to address strengths and weakness of an event while soliciting return business opportunities
- Establish good business and social relationships with industry clients and partners by participating in activities to further increase sales opportunities for the Hotel
- Responsible for following the guidelines and timelines as detailed in the Event Sales & Services checklist
Additional responsibilities as outlined in the job description of the Assistant Director, Event Sales & Services
Your experience and skills include:
- Hospitality Management Degree or equivalent an asset
- Experience in sales, event planning and hotel operations an incredible asset
- Knowledgeable on food and beverage trends and the luxury hotel market
- Possess excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, results-oriented and highly motivated individual
- Proven ability to plan and execute events effectively with a strong attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Opera Sales & Catering - PMS, Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Social Tables
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Physical Aspects of Position (included but not limited to):
- Frequent sitting and standing throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Your team and working environment:
For over 91 years, Fairmont Royal York has stood proudly as a Toronto landmark. When the hotel opened in 1929 it was the tallest building in the British Common Wealth and contained 1,048 rooms, a concert hall, library, extensive bakery, radio station and even a hospital. Today, this essential downtown landmark has completed a multi-million dollar transformation, reimagining its lobby, rooms, dining venues, event spaces, and Fairmont Gold - the property's exclusive hotel within a hotel luxury experience. Another stunning chapter for Fairmont Royal York has begun. To learn more, click here.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
Note: Must already be legally entitled to work in Canada to be considered for the position.