We are looking for a Sales and Event Manager!
Start a new Adventure while working for an Autograph by Marriott resort located in the heart of the iconic Canadian Rockies! The Kananaskis Mountain Lodge is surrounded by untouched beauty and rugged mountain peaks, offering a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for those seeking a culture that offers a work-hard, play-hard mantra, an empowering workplace, industry-best perks and benefits, and amazing development opportunities for those looking to grow a career. Join the Marriott family today!
As the Sales & Event Manager at the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge you will you will be responsible for mining new business opportunities and managing existing accounts for the hotel. Your market will be focused on those clients booking 80 room nights or less. Responsible for servicing all market segments, your primary tasks will involve connecting with potential clients, negotiating contracts, handling complex events and managing repeat business. You will be required to respond to any inquiries within 2 hours of receipt or request and taking the booking through to its completion inclusive of all catering details, setting up room blocks, establishing a form of payment, and a timely and thorough follow up. Building Rapport with your clients to ensure customer loyalty and expand future business opportunities with the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge in crucial in this role.
We are looking for an excellent team player with a strong knowledge of hotel operations. Proven ability to sell, plan and execute events effectively; with superior attention to detail. Your excellent communication skills will assist in the delivery of all event information including, but not limited to, contractual obligations, event set-up, menu design, room rates, room blocks and billing information through Banquet Event Orders, Agenda's and other appropriate channels.
You will be expected to execute a sales strategy that supports the overall strategic goals of the organization. Considerable emphasis will be put on mining accounts, hosted FAMS, Site Tours and Tradeshow representation. You will effectively manage business to ensure revenue and inventory optimization. The role requires resourcefulness and drive; a natural influencer that will aid our team of high performers. You will be a champion of managing and executing the Hotel's proactive sales efforts while making business decisions that are focused on upholding the highest standards in guest service, while delivering against key financial goals and performance metrics.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated and self-managed, but thrive in a collaborative environment. Significant experience in hotel guest service is required. Achieving results are at the forefront of everything you do. We commit to giving you the training, tools, support and feedback required to be successful; achieving excellence is up to you.
Experience the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge here: https://vimeo.com/261927699
Amazing Work Perks:
- Personal days: 5 per year
- Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 6 of our dining outlets
- Growth and development opportunities, both personal and professional
- Onsite staff accommodations ($9.25-$13.50/day), which include a residence convenience store and employee gym
- Commuters Allowance
- One meal per day in our employee cafeteria (taxable benefit)
- Discounts on activities offered through our Activities Committee: Skydiving, Yoga, Golf Passes, Ski/Snowboard Passes, to name a few
- Health and Wellness benefits, including; Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Dental, Medical, Vision, Chiropractic, Massage, and more (some restrictions may apply)
- Vacation is accrued starting on your first day of work at a rate of 4% of your earnings
- Marriott Destinations membership providing you with discounted room rates and food and beverage discounts at any of Marriott's chain of hotels
Apply now or visit us to learn more information at www.livetheadventure.ab.ca