Req #: 48839
Founded in 1965, Herc Rentals is one of the leading equipment rental suppliers in North America with trailing twelve month total revenues of nearly $2.34 billion as of June 30, 2022. Herc Rentals' parent company, known as Herc Holdings Inc., listed on the New York Stock Exchange on July 1, 2016, under the symbol ?HRI.? Herc Rentals serves customers through approximately 335 locations and has approximately 6,100 employees in North America.
We serve a diverse group of customers in a wide array of industries. We support professional con-tractors in construction and remediation. Our industrial customers include large industrial plants, re?neries and petrochemical operations, automotive and aerospace manufacturers. We support government and infrastructure projects at the municipal, state and federal level. And, we continue to expand our services for customers in commercial and retail, healthcare, hospitality, recreation, and entertainment and special events.
The Sales Representative is to identify, introduce, develop and nurture business relationships with companies and individuals within their designated territory. The Sales Representative's goal is to generate and maximize revenue for the branch and the company.
- Daily territory management and revenue growth through visits to various customer job sites/offices
- Develop a networking list of potential clients and consistently contact them through the telephone and internet
- Develop, plan and organize sales strategies to achieve desired results/goals
- Maintain and exceed quotas by renting and selling equipment on a consistent basis
- Identify customer's needs and react appropriately while understanding the market conditions and local competitors pricing
- Penetrate customers at the strategic level to diversify customer base to include industrial, traditional and nontraditional accounts
- Support all team members
- Ability to drive/operate multiple types of vehicles and equipment
- Ability to engage in natural verbal interaction with customers
- Ability to follow up with customers in a timely manner
- Able to walk into unfamiliar environments and adjust rapidly to the setting
- Attention to detail
- Multi-tasking individual who uses project management skills to accomplish goals
- Customer service focused
- Must react to changing business needs
- Solid and proven computer skill set (knowledge of MS Office is preferred)
- Works and communicates effectively with all levels of the company
Demonstrated and proven revenue growth experience within a sales territory over a number of years
Broad fleet knowledge including use of equipment
BA/BS University degree with a concentration in marketing, promotions, advertising sales, or business administration preferred
Conditions of Employment
Proven track record with 3 to 5 years of outside sales experience within the heavy equipment and/or construction markets preferred
A valid driver's license with a clean driving record
Our long-term strategy underscores the understanding that our success depends on the dedication and capability of our team members. We are focused on attracting, retaining and empowering talented and dedicated people to build the best team in the equipment rental industry. We also seek to build a team that reflects the variety of people, cultures and communities we interact with every day and to create an inclusive, productive environment in which all team members feel valued and respected.
Herc Rentals provides an excellent compensation and benefits package, which includes a competitive salary, retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive medical, dental, vision care, life insurance coverage, paid vacation and holidays.
Herc Rentals is an equal opportunity employer