Nanaimo Clippers Marketing and Sales Role
This position will work with Director of Business Operations to market the team and events while ensuring a smooth and successful operation of game days. The individual holding the roll will have authority over advertising, promotions, public relations, interactive media, and grassroots efforts for events. The Marketing Sales Role takes responsibility for ticket sales outside of general game day times, general inquiries, execution of season ticket holder exclusive events, group sales, team merchandising. Specific areas of focus further include volunteer recruitment and organization, game day management, beer garden management, and away game coordination.
- Develop and oversee marketing initiatives associated with a wide range of departments including Ticket Sales, Merchandise, Team Programs, and Community Programs.
- Manage team social media accounts and website including creation of digital marketing collateral content to maximize revenue, including video and graphics.
- Recruit, train, and organize volunteers for game days and other promotional events throughout the year.
- Manage team merchandise and beer garden purchasing.
- Oversees the planning of season ticket holder events and exclusive offers throughout the year.
- Market and sell season tickets, partial plans, and group sale. This includes phone calls and setting up face-to-face meeting with current and prospective clients
- Attend all team home games and assist with Game Day Operations
- Work with Director of Business Operations in the development of team promotional giveaways and calendar in conjunction with building out season fan experience plan.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management, multitasking, and decision making skills
- Microsoft Office 365 & Google Drive proficient
- Ability to work evenings and weekend based on Team schedule
- Knowledgeable about the latest technology and social media trends, and the tools for publishing, listening/monitoring, and reporting
- Willing to absorb, enhance, and execute brand direction
- Excellent content creation skills and a keen visual sense
- 1-3 years of experience with strong customer service or fan relations and engagement experience, with a sports organization
- Experience with sales and client management
- Experience managing merchandise
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suit0e
- Experience copywriting content creation skills, and keen visual sense