Directive Consulting is the performance marketing agency for SaaS companies. We use Customer Generation (a marketing methodology developed by us) which focuses on SQLs and Customers instead of traditional metrics like MQLs. We offer Paid Media, SEO, Performance Creative and Design, Video, Revenue Operations, and Strategy services to our clients by creating comprehensive digital marketing strategies that allow our clients to hit their SQL targets, every time.
We've experienced hyper-growth over the last year and have remained true to our culture of, the best idea wins. We're future-focused and are looking for others with a growth mindset to join our evolving teams!
About The Role
For this role, we want you, the Director of our dreams, to be the CEO of your department and lead the SEO deliverables in client performance and retention, product innovation, and development, as well as marketing and thought leadership. You will be a critical part of our three-year vision to elevate Directive into the upper-echelon of performance marketing agencies.
This role reports to the Vice President of Client Strategy and is a crucial part of the leadership team. The Director of SEO works cross-departmentally to achieve the goals of the department and company. This includes working with marketing on messaging and thought leadership, actively participating in sales conversations, and regularly developing an innovative, creative, and performance-driven SEO deliverable.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Build and guide a people-first culture centered around performance, inclusion, and strategy
- Inspire an impressive team of Associate Directors to grow their teams and their accounts
- Lead a world-class team of 25+ SEO strategists in the execution of innovative campaigns for mid-level and enterprise SaaS companies
- Improve and approve strategies for SEO clients that result in the client's exceeding their goals
- Partner with the VP of Client Strategy in driving efficiency and scale across primary operational KPIs
- Provide leadership support in pitching new business and growing clients
- Understand changes to the marketplace and industry, adjusting client SEO strategies accordingly
- Oversee department budget, including staffing and resource requirements like capacity planning
- Provide thought leadership in SEO for Directive including working with marketing on writing blog posts, guest-starring in podcasts, creating videos, etc.
- Help develop and improve our SEO product and deliverables to be the best in the market.
What You Offer
- 10+ years experience managing teams of 10+ SEO practitioners, preferably at a growing agency
- Experience with navigating, servicing, and growing enterprise-level SEO engagements
- A dynamic performance-marketing mindset for B2B, a clear POV on what is needed to drive performance success, and curiosity for what's ahead in the SEO industry for B2B and SaaS organizations
- High emotional intelligence and ability to work across teams with different types of individuals
- Ability to understand the details of client goals and be able to translate into broader strategic campaigns for leadership and the greater team
- Ready to pivot based on priority shifts or industry changes and can anticipate change
- Clear communicator with strategic insights, high-level deck-building and presenting, and the ability to create buy-in across the organization
- A clear, insightful vision for the future direction of the marketplace, with a track record of thought leadership in the SEO field
- Solid strategic skills and impressive understanding of the business from both market and P&L perspectives
- Exceptional ability to motivate and retain a world-class team
- Willingness to travel domestically as needed (post-COVID) - you're open to new places, new faces, and new ideas
What we offer:
- Fully remote work environment
- Transparency and Humanity: No employee at Directive makes less than a living wage
- Premium Medical, Dental, Illness/Disability, Life Insurance plans
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (we require taking at least 2 weeks minimum throughout the year), and your Birthday as a Day-Off!
- Office closed between December 24 and January 1 for our annual rest & reflect week
- Company provided laptop (MacBook or Windows)
- $250 CAD ergo/home office budget
- Paid parental leave
- Company holidays *Canada - New Year's Day, Good Friday, Victoria Day, Canada Day, Civic Holiday, Labour Day, Thanksgiving Day, Remembrance Day, Christmas Day, Boxing Day
- On-Demand and facilitator lead learning, training and development
- Company social and team-building events (virtual & in-person)
Directive does exceptional performance marketing for software brands that share our values. We redefine the global standard for how marketers work, live, and grow. Our goal is to empower and focus so much on our people that our clients consequently get better results.
At Directive, one of our core values is to put people first. We want to stick to our values and commit to fostering a more diverse and inclusive culture in the digital landscape. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.