MANAGER, AUDIENCE INSIGHTS & ANALYTICS
Competition number: J0722-0385
Department: Audience Engagement - Insights
Status: Full-Time continuing
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (35 hours per week)
Annual/hourly salary: $68,400 - $100,400 (position with benefits and pension plan)
Closing date: August 21, 2022
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion:
It is the National Arts Centre’s goal to be a more welcoming, inclusive, accessible, and diverse organization for all Canadians. We believe that the basis of this inclusivity requires a socially and culturally diverse workforce and, therefore, we actively seek to recruit candidates who identify as women, Indigenous, Black, Persons of Colour (IBPoC), persons from the LGBTQ2+ community and persons with disabilities. We encourage you to self-identify in the recruitment process.
The incumbent may be required to work remotely either full-time or in a hybrid fashion until the end of the pandemic. All necessary working tools needed to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of this position will be provided to the employee for this purpose.
Resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic, to ensure the safety of all NAC employees, and in keeping with Ottawa Public Health (OPH) guidelines, it is recommended that while working from the NAC employees should wear masks. Whether individuals decide to wear a mask or not, we thank you for being respectful of others’ choices. Additionally, it is recommended to follow OPH guidelines on workplace preventive practices, (such as distancing, masking when distancing is not possible, ventilation, cleaning, workplace testing, and screening programs) to help prevent transmission.
On occasion, the NAC may impose the wearing of masks and the enforcement of rapid testing should it be deemed reasonable and necessary to do so.
Please know that although we remain under a declared pandemic, events and activities are gradually returning to the building. Consequently, staff members are expected to return to the workplace as required, or perform a combination of remote work and work from the National Arts Centre (NAC). Your direct supervisor will provide guidance and information related to the NAC's Hybrid Work Policy.
INTRODUCING THE NATIONAL ARTS CENTRE
The National Arts Centre (NAC) is Canada’s bilingual, multi-disciplinary home for the performing arts. The NAC presents, creates, produces, and co-produces performing arts programming in various streams—the NAC Orchestra, Dance, English Theatre, French Theatre, Indigenous Theatre, and Popular Music and Variety—and nurtures the next generation of audiences and artists from across Canada.
Curious to learn more? We invite you to read our strategic plan for 2020-2023 in The Next Act.
Collaboration, innovation, and community-led engagement are only some of the many initiatives the NAC will leverage to help shape a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive future for the performing arts in Canada, one that embodies our slogan and loudly proclaims that Canada is our stage.
You will drive progress in the following ways:
- Reporting to the Executive Director, Audience Engagement, the MANAGER, INSIGHTS & ANALYTICS is integral to shaping, measuring, and influencing the efficacy of work being done to engage audiences. To do so, you will embark on an effort to refresh, re-establish, and possibly reframe the key performance indicators that will guide our ongoing understanding of how, and how well, we are engaging with audiences. Framing these metrics will come from researching, understanding and re-orienting industry standards, aligning and interfacing with your teammates (including those in artistic disciplines) and leveraging your experience and talent.
- Furthermore, your role will be to collate data from various sources and combine them in ways that will clearly and coherently communicate narratives on the state of our business. This analysis may require data mining, testing hypotheses and building projections so that we can soundly move the organization towards our overarching goals.
- Finally, your role is mandated to make meaningful recommendations of ways forward – so that artistic disciplines, marketing colleagues, design experts, visitor experience employees and other business units can create compelling narratives about what is unfolding on our stages.
- While your purview will be cross-departmental, you will, from time-to-time support narrower and pointed efforts to help the NAC optimize audience relationships for specific artistic disciplines, NAC teams, with prioritized communities or in specialized channels.
You are a change agent who’s progressive and data-driven insights are actionable and ultimately influence the NAC to grow well beyond the pandemic.
You will thrive in this role because:
- You are curious about why, how, and what makes audiences (or consumers) and brands tick;
- You have an ability distill dense data down to important bite-sized insights and communicate them to both technical and non-technical people and/or business units;
- You can lead and/or guide research (or researchers) in efforts to gather information about the arts;
- You understand the relationship between audience or consumer actions and brand fidelity;
- You understand, are curious about and capable of incorporating industry-leading approaches to data, data management and data-driven decision-making;
- You are used to being the main point of contact for reporting on and deriving insights for audience engagement;
- You are inspired by the opportunity to promote the use of data in problem-solving and forward-looking ideation;
- You can interpret data, extract key insights, and communicate learnings to both technical and non-technical stakeholders;
- You are knowledgeable and comfortable leveraging key data sources from tools such as: Tessitura, Google Analytics, Facebook/Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and more to draw insights from data;
- You are able to execute advanced queries on key platforms, create dashboards and otherwise provide visibility to the state of performance.
You are qualified and ready for this challenge because you have (a):
- Post-secondary degree in Business Analytics, Statistics, Commerce, Marketing, or related field or significant equivalent system/database administration experience;
- Experience using conversion rate optimization tools, analyzing vital data & executing marketing campaigns, as well as interfacing with digital advertising platforms, marketing concepts/strategies and working with vendors;
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a related role;
- Strong project and time management skills;
- Strong written and oral communications skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Superior planning, critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume environment with shifting priorities and multiple stakeholders;
- Demonstrate initiative, attention to detail and sound judgment;
- Fluency in both official languages is preferred;
- Proficiency in T-SQL, MS BI suite, and or equivalent is preferred;
- Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional (CRMP) or an equivalent would be an asset;
- Experience in arts and/or entertainment marketing would be an asset.
Who can apply:
Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens.
All communication will be conducted through email and interviews via videoconferencing. Please ensure to have the most up-to-date information on your résumé including your current email address.
If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation for an interview or written exam, please advise us when initially contacted.
The successful candidate will be required to provide the original or a certified true copy of their education credentials as appropriate, along with proof of a valid Background Check as a condition of employment.
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted by us.
How to apply:
Please submit your cover letter and résumé online through the “Career Opportunities” section of our website at https://nac-cna.ca/en/careers.
CONNECT WITH US! LinkedIn
Facebook Twitter Instagram