The 'Apply with SEEK' option will be utilized for International applicants, mainly Australia.Administrative Assistant
IF YOU CARE, THERE'S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick's talented team of 27,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable assets-their employees, their customers and their property. At Sedgwick, caring counts®. Join our team of creative and caring people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of others.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To provide administrative support including preparing correspondence and reports, filing, and other general office support activities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produces correspondence, reports, and other documentation; files documents, maintains and tracks suspense file, photocopies, sends and receives facsimile transmissions, etc.
- Provides back-up telephone support.
- Processes invoices and billings; maintains records.
- Maintains unit attendance records, library and/or manuals.
- Records meeting minutes.
- Makes travel arrangements.
- Maintains adequate supply inventory; orders supplies as needed.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
Education & Licensing
High school diploma or GED required.
One (1) year of experience in general office administrative duties or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Experience with an insurance company, broker or consultant preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Colleague Resources if you require accommodation.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer.