Date Posted: 07/27/2022
Req ID: 26202
Faculty/Division: Temerty Faculty of Medicine
Department: Dept of Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Sur
Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
Position Number: 00044630
Home to over 40 departments and institutes, the University of Toronto's Temerty Faculty of Medicine lies at the heart of the Toronto Academic Health Science Network and is a global leader in ground-breaking research and education, spanning clinical medicine, basic science and the rehabilitation sciences sectors.
Ranked as one of the top departments in North America, the Department of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery is known for excellence in all sub specialties of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery and has a long track record of excellence in basic and clinical science research. We have a robust training program that produces very high quality community and academic otolaryngologists. We prepare head and neck surgical leaders, contribute to our communities and improve the health of individuals and populations locally and globally through discovery, application and communication of knowledge.
As Administrative and Events Assistant, you will play an integral role in coordinating the preparation and distribution of promotional/outreach materials and coordinating internal and external events for our department. Working closely with both faculty and staff, you will increase engagement through our various digital platforms and social media. Relying on your strong event coordination and communication skills, you will collaborate with our faculty to ensure their vision is implemented through anumber of key department events, courses and conferences.
Your responsibilities will include:
Responding to and resolving inquiries, and escalating problems as required
- Determining events logistics and coordinating events and programming activities, including coordinating travel and accommodation plans.
- Supporting committees, including preparing agendas, minute taking, and following up on action items
- Formatting and maintaining marketing materials and brand identity templates, including maintaining and editing content on digital platforms (i.e., websites and social media)
- Running, collating, and organizing data for various reports
- Collaborating on cost estimates and obtaining required authorizations to process financial documents
College Diploma (2 years) or acceptable combination of equivalent experience
- Minimum two years' related experience in event coordination preferably in an academic or similar environment
- Demonstrated experience coordinating event logistics and supporting committees
- Experience formatting and maintaining marketing materials, including coordinating website and social media content
- Experience maintaining brand identity templates
- Experience liaising with internal and external stakeholders, including vendors
- Experience obtaining cost estimates
- Advanced proficiency with MSOffice Suite, Adobe Professional, Social Media platforms, and Canva
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong time management skills, and the ability to deliver high quality work in an environment of overlapping time-sensitive tasks
- Customer service oriented, and the ability to communicate information in a professional manner
- Creative and self-starter
- Proven ability to collaborate and work effectively, and the ability to relate to diverse groups of people
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
Experience working with Vyond animated video creation platform
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Team player
Closing Date: 08/10/2022, 11:59PM ET
Employee Group: USW
Appointment Type: Budget - Continuing
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 07 - $53,222 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $68,063. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Category: Administrative / Managerial
Recruiter: Amanda Di Fonzo
Lived Experience Statement
Candidates who are members of Indigenous, Black, racialized and 2SLGBTQ+ communities, persons with disabilities, and other equity deserving groups are encouraged to apply, and their lived experience shall be taken into consideration as applicable to the posted position.