Birds Eye View Of Role
The Marketing Manager will be a key strategic contributor within Kin's group of companies. In this role we are seeking an individual who is passionate about providing a positive and lasting impact to society through their drive, creativity, and proven track record for both crafting strategy and implementing tactics to deliver measureable increase in footfall, sales, and brand awareness. The successful candidate must relish humility, empathy, and working closely with others to make continuous improvement.
Top level expectations of the Marketing Manager are to:
- Fervently believe in the company's purpose, vision, and values:
- Purpose: To inspire a better quality of life in our communities.
- Vision: To enrich the quality and longevity of Canadian lives.
- Together as a family
- Life-long learning
- Think outside the box
- Welcome changes
- Walk the talk
- Open and honest communication
- Manage and build a marketing department whose activities and performance are aligned with the strategic direction of Kin's Management and its subsidiaries. Including creating programs to support the five pillars of Kin's Vision:
o Encouraging healthy eating
o Promoting physical fitness
o Improving mental wellness
o Delivering positive messaging
o Providing medical support
o Be responsible for quantitative improvements on KPI's; having an acute awareness of and ability to delivery robust ROI on marketing dollars.
o Drive traffic and sales gains to e-commerce, business to business (B2B), business to business to customer (B2BC), and B2C delivery opportunities.
o Be a Kin's ambassador in the community; embracing growth at the grassroots level.
o Champion the positioning of company from produce retailer to a plant-based solutions retailer.
o Actively collaborate with Supply Chain and Operation teams to bring to life product promotions in a rapidly changing environment.
R E P O R T I N G R E L A T I O N S H I P
- Reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
- While your main responsibility will be for Marketing, you will routinely collaborate with Operations, Procurement, Distribution, Logistics/Warehousing, Finance/Accounting, People Development, Business Development, and Information Technology.
- You will be a leader, example setter, and culture bearer. You will uplift and elevate others to heights beyond even what they imagined themselves capable of. You will be a KINSman who helps us build a legacy of which we can all be proud of.
K E Y A C C O U N T A B I L I T I E S
Strategy and Tactics Management
- Manage Kin's digital assets and channels, including but not limited to social media, website, e-commerce, and newsletter; growing customer engagement metrics across various platforms and improve Kin's Omni channel marketing.
- Optimize effectiveness of SEO and SEM implementation.
- Evaluate and improve customer acquisition cost (CAC).
- Recommend strategy for a loyalty program, focusing on acquisition of new customers and subscribers.
- Coordinate and participate in marketing events to promote brand awareness, Kin's product mix, and the company's purpose and vision.
- Creatively raise awareness of and differentiate Kin's brand and products through conventional and guerrilla marketing.
- Build marketing collateral for physical locations, B2B, and B2BC which can include but are not limited to signage, banners, posters, sell sheets, testimonials, blogs, and infographics.
- Develop and grow private label offering for Kin's including brand design, labelling, packaging, and marketing.
- Help with strategy and advance the transformation of Kin's market position into a plant-based retail specialist.
- Initiate contact with like-minded individuals or organizations who share similar values, purpose, and vision as Kin's for possible collaborations; this could include but are not limited to chefs, dieticians/nutritionists, physicians, sports and fitness groups, schools, hospitals, vendor partners, and health-focused foundations.
- Provide ongoing management and relationship building with Agency of Record.
- Conduct marketing research to gain insight into customer behaviour, developing market and product trends, demographic information, and psychoanalytic; effectively use data to help with customer segmentation, brand positioning, and viability analysis of existing or new products or services.
- Report on key industry trends, best practices and evaluate emerging technologies, providing thought leadership and perspective for adoption as appropriate.
- Manage sponsorship and donations requests in line with budget and the company vision.
- Support new product launches and business endeavours.
- Participate in the creation and improvement of in-store customer touchpoints and store look and feel.
- Build community engagement plan around the five pillars of our vision.
- Attend trade shows where required and regularly visit Kin's retail stores and competitors to analyze and
- implement effective strategy to improve footfall and sales.
- Evaluate, filter, and coordinate all marketing endeavours and requests intra and inter-departmentally in
- alignment with the company's brand image and standards.
- Meet with other functional heads to strategize, debate, and prioritize activities that require marketing support.
- Manage public relations, interact with media, and support communications to customer service queries.
- Negotiate contracts, media buys, and all other marketing expenditures to maximize return while simultaneously fostering long-term relationships.
- Ensure campaigns and projects are completed on time as scheduled.
- Ensure that all marketing communications are proofed for content, grammar, spelling, and accuracy of campaign dates (where applicable).
- Review and update Marketing's standard operating protocols and brand guidelines quarterly
- Manage succession planning for department.
- Regularly report on the ROI of all marketing activities.
- Forecast future expenditure requirements and budgeting to achieve business objectives including setting ROI benchmarks; review monthly expenditures to stay within approved parameters.
- Create quarterly and annual marketing report for the executive team detailing marketing campaigns and their effectiveness through ROI analysis; provide recommendations for adoption or adaptation.
Q U A L I F I C A T I O N S F O R T H I S P O S I T I O N
- A Bachelor's of Business Administration or similar degree.
- 5+ years of management experience.
- Food service and/or retail grocery industry experience is ideal.
- Sales experience with mid-large retail chains of at least 15 stores is a plus.
- Finds the following ?KIN's Be's? to deeply resonate with their core being:
- Be honest in all communications, including successes and failures (which are just stepping stones and learning opportunities that will lead to future success)
- Be willing to over-communicate to ensure clarity is obtained and execution achieved
- Be humble; if you are already your own biggest critic other people don't have to be
- Be highly accountable in all you do; take ownership and have pride in your work
- Be self-sufficient but eager to collaborate with others
- Be confident but don't be afraid of showing humility
- Be purposeful; when proposing initiatives, campaigns, or events be vivid on the goals and desired results.
- Be tangible; set clear KPI's, targets, and tracking metrics; always use data whenever possible to support our decisions (creativity and performance metrics are not mutually exclusive)
- Be cost-conscious; even though there is an allocated budget, treat expense considerations as if you were spending your own money; being cost-conscious is different than simply being frugal
- Be punctual to work and with deadlines;
- Be ready to act, respond, communicate, and adapt to change quickly
- Be respectful, understanding and open-minded to all individuals
- Be innovative, creative, and passionate
- Be diligent, resilient, and have a strong work ethic
- Be organized and love the little details in life
- Most importantly be a leader; always lead by example as people watch and take their cues from you even when you are unaware of it