Job Type: Permanent
Hours of work: 35 hours / WK
Salary Range: $64,006 - $80,725
Posting Date: July 25, 2022
Closing Date: August 12, 2022
Exhibition Place is Canada's largest entertainment venue, attracting over 5.5 million visitors a year. The 192-acre site is an integral component of Toronto and Ontario's economy, particularly with respect to conventions, sport, festivals, recreation, culture, and tourism. Located at Exhibition Place is the award-winning Enercare Centre, Canada's largest exhibition and convention centre which is now LEED Platinum certified, and Beanfield Centre conference venue which is LEED Silver certified. Since 2004, Exhibition Place has undertaken an environmental stewardship initiative, entitled GREENSmart; which includes the promotion of sustainable development, environmental initiatives, and leading edge green technologies and practices across the site. Our environmental initiatives have resulted in award-winning recognition across North America, such as the Platinum Waste Minimization Award from the Recycling Council of Canada, and have established Exhibition Place as a world leader in energy-efficient technologies.
Our compensation package offers a competitive salary and pay-for-performance incentives. In addition, our total rewards program includes participation in OMERS - defined benefit pension plan, 100% employer paid health & dental plan, long term & short-term disability coverage, professional development opportunities, and tuition reimbursement.
Exhibition Place has adopted a vaccination policy, as a condition of employment all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination confirmation prior to commencing employment.
The Human Resources Consultant- Recruitment is an integral part of our the People, Equity & Corporate Services team and will partner with hiring managers to lead and facilitate end-to-end recruitment solutions to meet corporate and divisional priorities by developing and implementing effective and innovative approaches to recruitment strategies, talent sourcing, recruitment planning, assessment development and selection. Job evaluation and compensation management, onboarding, exceptional customer services and full cycle human resources services.
- Work in consultation with hiring managers in the development of recruitment plans for external & internal positions within the organization, including job descriptions, qualification statements, job evaluation assessments, interview questions, reference checking, negotiating compensation, preparing offer letters and making job offers to successful candidates.
- Identify and implement innovative and proactive recruitment strategies, attend in-person & virtual career fairs, work with various associations, to attract highly skilled talent pool from diverse backgrounds.
- Provide strategic recruitment and employment services advice and expertise to departments & divisions on HR policies and procedures.
- Utilize recruitment expertise to recommend options and enable effective business decisions and effectively manage resistance and conflicts as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with management and key cross-functional stakeholders to build and support recruitment strategies. Research and implement new and emerging talent sources, and identify methods for reaching and engaging candidates in a changing market and makes recommendations to support the development and implementation of modernized recruitment related programs, processes and guidelines
- Manage the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) and Recruitment process using ADP Workforce Now
- Lead new hire onboarding, follow up on and follow through with the hiring manager to ensure administrative functions such as orientations checklists, probationary reviews, exit interviews, compensation reviews using Hay points etc. are completed
- Participate in HR related work groups and recruitment related projects, internal and external initiates and undertakings
- Several years' experience in human resources in a major unionized public or private sector organization.
- Post-secondary education in a relevant discipline or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience in human resources. CHRP professional designation is an asset.
- A self starter with strong administrative and organizational skills with the ability to work effectively under pressure as part of a fast-paced and structured, multi-disciplinary team, and managing a high volume of recruitment activities with fluctuating deadlines and priorities.
- Excellent verbal, advanced written & computer skills with the ability to use a variety of software, such as MS Office Suite. ADP Workforce Now experience with SAP and Success Factors is considered an asset.
- Considerable experience overseeing end-to-end recruitment processes in a complex public or private sector organization.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills with the ability to identify solutions and manage competing stakeholder needs
- Strong ability to establish effective working relationships with various stakeholders using a consultative approach and ensuring the delivery of superior customer service.
All Exhibition Place employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the Exhibition Place Vaccination Policy.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion:
Exhibition Place is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees and members of the public feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the public and the communities in which we live and serve.
Exhibition Place is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.