Req ID: 22010
Vacancy Type: Part-Time
Number of Positions: 3
Closing Date: 08/12/2022
Under the direction of the Supervisor, Event Services, the successful applicant will be responsible for working onsite at large-scale outdoor and indoor events that raise the profile of Paramount Fine Foods Centre and deliver on the City's strategic goals to create great public spaces, and celebrate our community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate the execution of events onsite including but not limited to staffing, audio/visual & execution.
- Act as the main point of contact for all City staff working during events, including leading the Guest Services and Security teams
- Provide excellent customer service at all times to event organizers and all their team members and partners, as well as the public
- Act as a brand ambassador for Paramount Fine Foods Centre; respond to public inquires and complaints while onsite
- Oversee event logistics such as equipment set-up, load-in/out
- Assist in the training, mentoring & development of part-time Guest Services team
- Liaise with event organizers and vendors onsite to ensure the successful event execution
- Create comprehensive event reports to document all event details and issues
- Ensure that event permitting and licensing requirements are met and being followed for the duration of the event
- Ensure that all applicable policies and guidelines are adhered to
- Ensure that all changes requested by clients during an event are approved by the appropriate party at the City as required
- Ensure that event organizers approve all additional costs that may apply as a result of requested or required changes during an event
- Adhere to the Paramount Fine Foods Centre emergency escalation procedure and radio protocol
- Some social media support may be required
- Perform other duties as required
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 1 year experience in an event coordination or logistics is preferred
- Post-secondary education in event management or equivalent is preferred. Equivalent work experience may be considered
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task diverse challenges at one time
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Experience in leading teams of up to 50 staff
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Demonstrated technical competence in Word, Excel, Social Media and Outlook
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Emergency First Aid and CPR "B" certified
- May be assigned shifts up to 13 hours
Hourly Rate/Salary: 23.04 - 25.72
Hours of Work: up to 40
Work Location: Paramount Fine Foods Centre - Main Bowl
Department/Division/Section: CMS/Community Services Dept , CMS/Culture Division , Living Arts Centre
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
COVID-19 Update: before their first day.
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can also check your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.