Rocking your favourite player's jersey. Screaming the words to your team's chants. Being top of the fantasy league. Going to Shark Club on game night. That's the old definition of a "fan." But fandom is evolving. And so is Shark Club. Now we're for fans of more than sports-we're for supporters of happy hour, a quick bite, girl's night, and everything in between. Shark Club is about having a good time with friends and family-your real home team. Because at Shark Club, we're for every fan.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Brand and working closely with Shark Club's Sr. Director, Operations, this Senior Marketing Advisor will be responsible for the development and implementation of brand and acquisition campaigns via in-store, paid digital and social, and traditional tactics. If you're a multi-skilled marketer who thrives on change, are a self-diagnosed hyper-organizer, and have a passion for being a fan & events then we're looking for you to join our Marketing team.
A typical day
- Provide marketing support for the strategic planning process led by the Marketing and Operations leaders.
- Manage and execute integrated marketing campaigns across offline and online tactics, to drive brand awareness, consideration and adoption.
- Ensure creative marketing materials undergo regular review and adhere to brand guidelines.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders internally (brand leaders, GM's) to ensure adequate planning, execution and monitoring of marketing activities.
- Work in partnership with external agencies and vendors in the execution of campaigns and projects at key moments throughout the year.
- Brainstorm and develop ideas for creative marketing campaigns.
- Plan and execute initiatives to reach the target audience through appropriate channels (social, digital, OOH, radio, in store, etc.)
- Populate campaign process tools, including campaign briefs, program initiatives, budgets and post mortems.
- Assist in analyzing marketing data (campaign results, conversion rates, etc.) to help shape future marketing strategies.
- Support in the management of fiscal budget, ensuring campaigns are always on budget.
- Participate in market research to find answers about consumer requirements, habits and trends. Provide recommendations for future strategic initiatives through competitive and financial analysis.
- Stay up to date with market and online trends relevant to ensure campaigns and promotions are relevant to our guests.
- Maintain awareness of best practice marketing techniques / tools to achieve successful campaigns and promotions.
- Assist with design, photography and content strategy development for brand campaigns and social media channels
- You are a self-starter; you relish the opportunity to identify needs and act, without being explicitly told to do so.
- You're a person of integrity, honesty and trust. These attributes are important to you and they are at your core.
- You're comfortable with the unknown. We're organized but rapidly growing. You need to be comfortable working in an environment that will continue to evolve.
- You have a working knowledge of current marketing tools and strategies in order to execute a successful marketing campaign.
- You're data focused. You collect, analyze and leverage data with the aim of continuously improving upon business processes, increasing productivity and ensuring the programs you are delivering on achieve maximum impact.
- You are a great communicator. You shine when you can pass on knowledge about your craft and gather requirements from stakeholders. You are always able to articulate your thoughts clearly, with various audiences, including executives, peers and partners.
- You have 4-6 years of relevant marketing experience.
- You have a degree or diploma in a marketing related field.
- Creative and Photography experience is a bonus.
- This role is full time, located in Vancouver.
- Our office supports a hybrid work schedule requiring a minimum 2 days in the office
About Northland Properties
Recognized throughout Canada as one of the most trusted names in hotels, restaurants, sports, and construction, Northland Properties Corporation is the force behind such brands as Sandman Hotel Group, The Sutton Place Hotels, Moxie's Grill & Bar, Chop Steakhouse & Bar, Denny's Restaurants, The Dallas Stars, and Northland Asset Management Company. Proud to be 100% Canadian-owned and operated. We have head offices in both Calgary and Vancouver and employ over 10,000 talented individuals across the nation. Incorporated in 1963 by our founder, Bob Gaglardi, what began as a small business dedicated to good customer service has flourished into a diversified group of companies that are quickly expanding, growing, and innovating every day. As Canada's fastest growing hospitality group, we find our strength in our people and believe this is the foundation to our continued success.