Req ID: 105481
When you work at Celestica, you have the opportunity to take on ambitious challenges with the brightest minds and most driven talent. We push ourselves and each other to imagine, design and build the type of solutions that move the world forward. At Celestica, we make great things happen together.
When you join the Celestica team, you'll be empowered to be your best self and do your best work in an inclusive and supportive environment. We'll invest in your development, create opportunities to tap into your potential, and support you with the tools and resources you need to grow your career with us.
To learn more about Celestica, please visit Celestica.com.
About the role:
Reporting to the Director, Global Talent & Performance, the Senior Manager, Global Talent & Performance is a key member of the Human Resources Centre of Excellence (COE) at Celestica. The successful candidate will focus on the design, continuous enhancement and implementation of strategic HR practices and talent programs in support of Celestica's global talent strategy and company's strategic business objectives. This involves developing initiatives, programs, processes aimed at strengthening the performance, development, diversity and engagement of employees and leaders globally as well as the continued growth of the talent pipeline
This is a people leadership role with extensive opportunities to continually grow, build strong partnerships and collaborate with diverse stakeholders/client groups across our global organization. It provides a chance to think strategically, demonstrate ingenuity and influence, and deploy initiatives that have a positive impact on performance, employee experience and on the business.
You'll have the flexibility to manage your work activities within a hybrid work arrangement where you'll spend 1-3 days per week on-site, while other days will be remote.
This role is accountable for working collaboratively with the Director, Global Talent & Performance, the broader COE and the Human Resources community on key initiatives including the following responsibilities:
- Lead and motivate the team in developing, implementing and enhancing global talent programs, practices and initiatives
- Design and implement the company's performance management practice, including training/education for global client groups, key enhancements and change management strategies to foster a continuous performance management approach and coaching culture
- Design, governance and implementation of Celestica's global talent review and succession practice in an effort to continually enhance talent bench strength and leadership capability, drive diversity amongst succession pool, support meaningful career growth, employee retention and business goals
- Enhance and maintain Celestica's leadership framework ensuring alignment with the global talent and leadership assessment and development strategy
- Design and implement innovative leadership development solutions in collaboration with the Global Manager, Learning & Development
- Design and roll-out of Celestica's competency framework and career pathways strategy
- Support design and deployment of Celestica's global engagement survey and action planning process
- Partner with HR Business Partners and business leaders to gather input on talent practices and programs for driving continuous improvements, socialize new programs, identify business requirements, evolving capabilities and relevant talent solutions that will strengthen capabilities, performance and enable business goals
- Work with the COE's leads to co-design programs and provide guidance on implementation across the HR organization and all areas of the business
- Collaborate with Celestica's HR Information Systems team to ensure the business requirements of talent and performance management are considered in system design and enhancements
- Collaborate with Celestica's Branding & Communications team to develop communications plans, employee messaging and collateral to support rollout of global talent programs
- Provide leadership and influence within the business and HR to define project goals, timelines, resource requirements and ensure effective change leadership
- Project manage all aspects, programs within talent & performance portfolio
- Leverage data analytics to measure and report on program effectiveness, provide insights to business strategies and strive for continuous improvement
- Conduct and summarize research on market trends and benchmarks to support enhancements, increased effectiveness and differentiation of Celestica's talent practices
- Provide thought leadership to identify optimal solutions for the business and actively support the design of programs at Celestica
Skills and experience we're looking for:
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Human Resources Management or related field
- CHRP or CHRL designation an asset
- Five to ten years' experience in HR with at least five years specifically focussed in talent management or organizational development
- Minimum 2-3 years people leadership experience
- Adept at understanding and translating evolving business contexts and requirements into relevant talent solutions, actions and recommendations
- Demonstrated analytical skills with an aptitude to think strategically and outside of the box
- Effective consultation skills and ability to influence various stakeholders to engage in COE core practices and drive leadership sponsorship for key programs and strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid facilitation and presentation/public speaking experience
- Project management experience: large scale, complex projects preferred
- Experience in implementing change initiatives and optimizing adoption
- Ability to work collaboratively in a diverse, fast-paced global environment
- Ability to build and maintain strong partnerships with all levels and networks across diverse cultures
- Two-three years experience with people data analysis and talent metrics reporting
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Google applications
- Growth mindset with an openness to new ideas and challenging the status quo
- Flexibility to attend occasional conference calls/meetings outside of regular business hours during peak implementation periods
Celestica is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on any protected status (including race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran or disability status or other characteristics protected by law).
At Celestica we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. Special arrangements can be made for candidates who need it throughout the hiring process. Please indicate your needs and we will work with you to meet them.
Headquartered in Toronto, with talented teams spanning 40+ locations in 13 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia, we imagine, develop and deliver a better future with our customers.
Celestica would like to thank all applicants, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Celestica does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.