Job Description :
This position is responsible for providing administrative support to management and the department by organizing, coordinating and expediting the flow of work while working effectively and collaboratively with management and external stakeholders.
- Performs a wide variety of administrative support.
- Uses independent judgement to review, screen, manage and/or distribute communications and correspondence (e.g. telephone calls, incoming mail/documents, e-mail messages); identifies items requiring priority attention and prioritizes and facilitates communication throughout the office.
- Reviews incoming materials (e.g. telephone calls, incoming mail/documents, e-mail messages) to determine their disposition and initiate action required; follows up to resolve problems and ensure appropriate and timely completion. Updates and advises on progress, problems and issues and recommended action(s).
- Drafts, formats, transcribes, collates and organizes briefing notes, schedules, packages, documents and reports.
- Produces a variety of materials including presentations, reports, forms, contracts, invitations and correspondence using appropriate computer applications, from rough notes or instructions.
- Coordinates and arranges on-site (including OTN) and off-site meetings and events including logistics (e.g. Communication, location, meals, refreshments, equipment, materials/packages, RSVPs and travel/accommodation)
- Prepares for, attends and records minutes of meetings as requested including the preparation and distribution of agendas, minutes and other meeting materials. This may involve follow up actions such as maintenance of action logs, notes and related documentation.
- Attends meetings and participates on corporate committees, internal planning groups, task forces and working groups including Incident Command.
- Creates and maintains an efficient filing and tracking system (electronic and/or paper) to manage and monitor information in accordance with the needs of the department. This may include the use of established tracking software.
- Maintains Policy and Procedure database including master list of organizational policies and procedures, providing alerts for policy reviews and renewals. Provides feedback to policy approvers on format.
- Ensures compliance with directives, policies and procedures as established for the team.
- Actively participates within cross-functional teams to support the operational activities.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
- Establishes effective working relationships with the LHIN team and stakeholders.
- Reports risks with causes, impacts or mitigations beyond scope of responsibility to management.
- Follows safe practices related to the security and privacy of information.
- Supports patient safety culture by ensuring work completed recognizes the safety of the patient(s).
Health & Safety
- Adhere to the duties of workers, as stipulated in Section 28 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, applicable occupational health and safety policies, procedures and protocol.
- Updates and maintains assigned sites on SharePoint.
- Provides back-up support as required.
- Undertakes special projects as assigned.
- Other duties as required
- Post-secondary diploma in office administration or equivalent.
Experience / Knowledge
- Five (5) years of administrative experience.
- Experience in a health care environment is an asset.
- Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint, and TEAMS.
- Working knowledge of Access, Visio, Survey tools, Publisher and Internet
- Accurate keyboarding skills at a minimum of 45 wpm.
- Excellent communication (verbal, written & listening) skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to proof-read.
- Demonstrated organization, project management, record keeping, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to organize daily workload in the presence of frequent interruptions, multiple demands and deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to facilitate effective working relationships with internal and external customers at all levels.
- Interacts and communicates with judgment and discretion.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement principles and practices.
- Self-motivated, focused, positive attitude, flexible, and proactive.
- Ability to develop, organize, and implement office procedures and systems.
- Proficiency in French is an asset.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Home and Community Care Support Services Central is committed to providing support to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Candidates requiring accommodation should advise Human Resources. Support will be provided in accordance with the applicant's needs and in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibilities for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.